What's the best hunting Crossbow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TedStriker View Post
    If you get a ten point, keep in mind you must order your strings from them or you will void your warranty. They will not honor it with aftermarket strings installed
    Very impotent information thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
      Also don't rule out the new Bowtech 350, and 380. Their website isn't up-dated yet but the specs on these two are going to make them a hot seller.I wa told they are taking order's on them and sell between $500 and $700ish depending on bow, and package
      I'll check that later so!

Comment

I have a Barnett Quad 400 and I am very accurate with it up to 50 yards at target shooting indoors. I am waitng for some new 2011 string leaches and limb dampeners to try and make it more quiet. That is the only negitive about crossbows I have encountered. I also dryfired mine while sighting it and the folks at Barnett took really good care of me. I only paid for ship to and from and new strings. I got it back in 8 days. The customer service and tech advise is top notch. I could not get consistancy with fixed 3 blade muzzy so they recomended that I switch to mechanical broadheads and it made a vast difference in accuracy for me. Cocking devise of some kind is a real plus for equal draw which is criticle for accuracy. Crossbows are old but still a relatively new to the Major hunting market being legal and most good info is coming from the forums on shared experience. A book would be nice to make a start easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Liberty-Hunt View Post
          Nice looking one!
          I hear that Barnett have a system of string hanging which would worn prematurely string??? Is that truth or not???

Thanks to all for your comments!
          I have actually seen that on quite a few bows, it seems like i see more barnetts than anything come back to the store. With everything i have seen with them I would stay away from barnett. I personally have owned a Horton for about 8 years and have never had one issue with it.

Comment

Horton look really great too! specially the compact one the "Vision 175".

Comment

crossbows

I work at academy and we sell mostly barrnet crossbows. The only problems i have seen with them are the sights that come with them are no too wano and I have seen some with the strings coming apart. We sell a recurve version and it sell for like 170 buck.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKET View Post
                I just researched a x-bow for myself, and ended up calling David at wyvern Creations, He is by far the best at what he does and beat local prices by HUNDRED'S ! I told him my want's and needs, and came out with a Ten point Lazer. I am totally sold on Tenpoint, they are top notch x-bow's, they have a very large dealer base which helps with parts, repairs, accesories etc. Their customer service is top notch as well. The Tenpoint is not the fastest bow's out there but very dependable, and accurate.
                I also looked at the Excaliber but quickly moved away due to the relaxed tip tp tip length, and the string wear.
                Parker was a close second in the running, they where faster, but just liked the fit and finish on the 10 pt's much better
                Lastly was the Scorpyd and Bowtech, these two are HIGH performance bows, they both spit out over 400 fps, with a 400 + gr arrow, I was in full intension on spending the grand on one until I spoke with David, and he cut me a deal I couldn't pass up! He didn't talk me out of either one, he just kept me in the price range I origanaly wanted to be in.
                In the end I am very happy with the 10 pt, and the customer service at Wyvern Creations!
                I just got mine from Wyvern also. Great price and great service. I went with the Wicked Ridge Invader. They shipped my order with two fewer arrows than I purchased, but the next day they arrived without my having to call 'em on it.

Comment

Working...
                X