Best game camera for your money..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best game camera for your money..

Wanted to know what everyones opinions were on what they believe is the best cam for the price...

this will be interesting--to date, I've owned 2 Moultries and 3 cuddebacks. Both Moultries went into the trash, and the 3 Cuddes are still going (one is 3 y.o., one 2, and one bought this year).

my hunting buddy has 3 Moultries (newer models) and there hasn't been a hitch except this week the loops on the side of the case to hook the bungee cords too broke off-

Comment

I have had 2 Bushnell Trophy cams in the field for over a year with no problems. A guy I hunt with has replaced 4 Moultries in the same time period. Most of the guys I hunt with swear by the Cuddebacks and they take awesome pictures. My next camera purchase will be the cuddeback. I also prefer the pictures from the ones with flash as opposed to IR, so I'm waiting for my Bushnell's to crap out so I can switch to cuddeback flash as well.

Comment

(2) DLC Covert II Assassin (2008 and 2010 models)
        (2) Bushnell Trophy Cameras (2009 models)
        (4) Moultries (early models - Battery eaters)

Most dependable best quality camera out of the three I own is the DLC Covert.

Rwc

Comment

have 4 cuddebacks great cameras easy to set up and takes great pics.....

Comment

I've owned the following:

6 Moultries
            3 Cuddebacks
            1 Primos

The Moultries were crap and didn't make it but one season. I understand the newer ones are better but based on the money I spent on crap, I will never buy another Moultrie product!

The Cuddebacks are the Kings. They run season after season and usually go an entire season on one set of batteries. I bought a new one this year and it was defective. Hung it for 30 days and it took 7 photos. Sent it back to Cuddeback and cried that we were in bow season and they rushed me a new one in just a couple of days.

I bought the Primos to try it. I have several Primos products and they are all well thought out and clearly field tested by Bow Hunters. I would rate the camera as good but does not strike me as on the same level as a Cuddeback. Jury is still out but the battery life is excellent.

My two cents.

Comment

Bushnell Trophy Cam for the $

Comment

Should have mentioned Bushnells. Several guys on the leaes run them and have had good results.

Comment

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                  Bushnell Trophy Cam for the $
                  This from what ive seen ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Look here also, these folks test a lot of cameras. http://www.trailcampro.com/

Comment

PRIMOS truth cam 60 for IR....old cuddeback models for flash!!!!

Comment

Scoutguard. Been running on 4 AA batteries since Sept 1st and taken over 7000 pics and they are still going. Under $200 its the best i have had.

Comment

I've only tried two: 1.) Stealthcam and it is terrible. I will never make that mistake again. Many times I've had a deer right in front of it without a picture. How I ever got a deer on the dang thing I'll never know, but what I do know is that deer inhabited that particular setup often and never showed up on camera though they spent quite a lot of time there - I know that because I saw them there in person and still didn't get them on camera. 2.) Bushnell Trophy Cam - not bad, takes a lot of pictures, the AA batteries have lasted all season, but it takes a lot of blurry pictures via IR. I get the pictures of the deer, I just can't make them out. Daytime pics are great.

I think my next camera will be a Cuddeback IR.

Comment

The Bushnell Trophy Cams and the Moultrie D-55 IR's are both good products. The D-55 is around $125 and the Bushnell is closer to $200 from what i have seen.

We have 4 of each and have had liked both. Great battery life on the IR models. I would never buy a flash camera again since i just use a tc to see whats coming,,,not win a photography contest.

Comment

I have had zero issues with the StealthCams(2) that I have used for about 5 years now. I aslo have Wildgame Innovations and Wildview cameras, both less expensive. They work ok also.
                              It is pretty much a crap shoot sometimes on all the models. Some just leave the manufacturer defective.
                              Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X