Shooting 2 pins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting 2 pins?

if you only shot with 2 pins what yardages would they be for? i was thinkin like 25 and 35.

dont know what your shooting but my 20 pin works for 30 with minimal drop so i use my other pin for 40 beyond that i dont trust myself that well yet. so i have two unused pins

Comment

i shoot 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 so i probably would go 20,40 with a 2 pin sight

Comment

What sight are you using that only has two pins? Most have at least 3, and many have 5. Is this a hunting bow or a target bow?
        I use 20, 30, 40, 50 on my hunting bow. When i shot with pins on my target bow, I shot with pins that were set at umm, 20, 30 , 40 and 50.

Comment

hav a extreme and its 3 pin. wantin to remove one and just go to 2. keep it simple. i dont shoot at animals over 40.

Comment

whats the point of a 4 pin or 5 pin sight if you guys r saying you could use your 20 yard pin for 30 yards and so on ... just curious? i am getting new bow soon and dont wanna waste money on something i dont need

Comment

20, 30, 40 is about as simple as you can get. I would stick with the 3 you have. 20 is my most important so I would not want just a 25 and 35. What if your shot is only at 15 yards? That makes the 25 a bad choice IMHO.

Comment

I shoot the montec sight with two pins (one fixed and one floater) my fixed pin is at 20yds and the floater is marked for30, 35, 40, and 45 but I won't shoot at an animal over 40 yet.

Comment

My Z7 is shooting so flat I have been thinking about going to two pins, 30 50.
                  I missed on opening day at 55 yards, shot for the heart at 37ish and cut the brisket.

My buddy keep telling me the distance was less than really was. He shot the deer later and we confirmed my cut.

Comment

I shoot 2 pins 25 and 35 yard pins.

Comment

It comes down to if this is a target bow or a hunting bow. 3D shoots have speed limits. If this a hunting bow only, then you can probably get it up fast enough to have only two pins, a 25 and probably a 40 yard pin. If this is a target bow, then one 20 pin will suffice for out to 25 yards and then you will probably need a 30 and a 40 to be competitive.
                      In other words if your hunting bow is shooting over 300 fps, then use one pin set at 25 yards and you should be good out to 40 easily. Just remember to aim higher or lower depending on yardage. I have a hard time remebering to do that in the heart-beating moment. But my hunting bow is about 230 fps anyway. I won't take a shot beyond 25 yards (on a whitetail), so I really only need one pin, but I have four for practicing.

Comment

Originally posted by artrios View Post
                        dont know what your shooting but my 20 pin works for 30 with minimal drop so i use my other pin for 40 beyond that i dont trust myself that well yet. so i have two unused pins
                        Mine shoots the same way. Using the 20 yard pin very little drop at 30 yards.

Comment

Working...
                        X