Best Climbing stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Climbing stand?

I want a climbing stand, and one that you can level as you climb up the tree and dont have to worry about the sharp angles to start with. My dad has a 1980's amacker that levels easily as you climb, and i know they still make one that is very similar to the 1980's one. I just wanted to see what yall used, and especially if they are leveling ones and your opinions?

Not that I have found, my API and summit require the steeps to start.

Comment

Most comfortable to sit in / easiest to climb with - Summit Viper

Safest feeling climber I've ever used - Ol' Man "Grand Ol' Man". When it's locked in, it's really locked in tight.

Neither are leveling. They both start off at an angle and start coming down in angle as you go up.

All the best,
      Glenn

Comment

I love my summit viper

Comment

Looking at the summit viper classic from academy. There is a good video on YouTube.

Comment

Tree lounge. There is one on TBH classified for $150. It has the levelers on already. They are a little heavy, but I can easily carry one of mine a 1/2 mile. You can sit all day in this stand. Don't know how you could fall out except for jumping out the front. Bought the 1st one in 1985

Comment

I want only the best climber, I have tried many and the Summit Viper is tough to beat, tree lounge is good but my stand is a Lone Wolf sit and climb and is the one that I would recommend. Lone Wolf is silent, Summit is less expensive.

Comment

Tree Lounge for $150 is a great deal !

Comment

I haven't hunted a ton of climbers but have hunted a few... API, not worth looking at IMO, the Tree Lounge is nice but somewhat bulky for me... I started looking around early last year for my trip to Illinois and after much consideration and research I wound up with the Summit Razor SS, after hunting out of this stand for a solid 7 days daylight till dark, I will say that it is worthy of being put in the category of being the best as it was comfortable, easy to climb, and quiet.... It is not a leveling stand but I had no issues with that at all..... Good luck on your search!!!

Comment

I've used a few different climbers and my API is the easiest to use and most comfortable stand I've been in. Its not self leveling but I've never had any problems adjusting for the tapering of a tree. I ended up doing a few minor modifications to the stand just to make it easier for the way I like to hunt but I will never own another brand of stand.

Comment

I have the Lone Wolf sit and climb it is hard to beat easy to use and very quite

Comment

Summit

Comment

only ever used a summit viper ss, no troubles here getting it level at my finished position...

Comment

summit viper

Comment

This one , my boss has one and they are great Watch the video on their site, it is pretty cool.

Home of the Original Equalizer Geared Leveling, New Buckshot BigShot and SwiftLoc CenterShot Climbing Treestands for Hunting White Tail Deer.
                              Last edited by alec73065; 11-18-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X