finger shootiing questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finger shootiing questions?

thinking of going to fingers,or tab, at the end of season. also wanting to get rid of peep. heres the q's:

are you more relaxed and less likely to punch, if theres such a thing with fingers? im not bad at punching now. took a while to beat it out of me and want to know if ill go through the same thing again without a release.

what ATA is advised, most comfortable? i have a 33" bowtech and a 35" mathews ultra max.

tab or fingers(glove)?

is brace height a factor? u-max is 6 1/8 liberty is 7.5

both bows are setup with drop aways. should i go to a full containment like a octane or something? not a big fan of whisker biscuits.

how, what , where do you line up your pins without a peep?

and three under, or, 2 under 1 over at the nock?
    Last edited by chris1911; 11-05-2010, 08:04 AM.

ttt

Comment

AS far as i know when finger shooting you really need to worry about the angle of the string. The more acute it is, the more it will pinch. So a 35'' ata with a 26'' or 27'' might work, but a 38'' ata or 40'' ata with a 30'' draw would be better for that shooter. Chuck Adams still uses a bow that has a 43'' ata, i think, I might be pulling that out of my *****. But if you can shoot a 28'' ata @ 30'' draw with a tab, and hit your mark every time stick with it and go for it!

Comment

Yes you can still punch, and with the short ata there will finger pinch and a tab is better than a glove.

Comment

The u max is at 28in draw length. My liberty is way too long then.

Comment

Just looked it up.....u max is 36"

Comment

I started shooting with a glove 26 yrs ago, the bow only had a 50% let off, it would pinch my fingers then i got a tab that seemed to help somewhat, then i got a release and i have never looked back.

Comment

I shoot fingers, and no peep. You're going to want to go to a longer bow, say 38" to 41" axle to axle in order to reduce finger pinch. I use no glove, no tab, just my fingers on the string. Bowtech 101st 30" draw, set at 65lbs. I have other set ups that I use a release with, but I actually prefer to shoot fingers.

Comment

i like the release.....dont get me wrong, but i just want to start easin into instinctive possibly.

Comment

Working...
                  X