Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#69 doe-in-rut

does it work???

i tell you what i used it one yr , the gell , a little drip as i walked out to my tree stand, walked out past the feeder and a little past, then stoped dripping it walked back to my stand and as i sat i saw a realy nice 8 point walk right threw my path like it was trailing me , so yea i say yes it works , was mid to late nov

any how dont her to try !

Comment

I always put out 3 scent canisters around my stand. Have used it for years. As far as having a deer walk up and stick his nose in it (like on t.v.) it has'nt happened. But I believe it's good to have that aroma wafting in the air.

Comment

I am curious myself,,,,I put out several buck bombs last year with no luck at all..I will b keeping an eye on this thread.

Comment

I have had great success with #69. I had a buck walk right down my scent line to his death last year. I don't like the gel; so I stick with the liquid. The gel is hard to use when the weather cools off and I don't seem to get the same results. Trophy Buck is another good scent to use. I use the 2 together and have had good results.

Comment

The liquid works good, have had several bucks come in scent checkin last year

Comment

There is a fellow here at work that swears by it, so this year will be my first test at it...

Comment

Good cover scent.

Comment

I tried some a couple weeks ago just as a little test. The young bucks were already trying to run doe around and the big ones were sparring. I was in an area with great deer numbers. I put a few drops out around the feeder and near a funnel that I could see from my stand. Definitely had deer check it out while passing by but not pay to much attention to it at the funnel location. At the feeder had some of the younger bucks give it a second thought but not much. It did alert one really old doe thought. She started stomping and acting funny and then just left. So I definitely got some reaction to it and it might buy you a few seconds to draw back or take a shot but I don't think the #69 brought any deer in to check it out they were already on their way in.

Comment

try code blue its good stuff also

Comment

appreciate the post ya'll! im going to try it out this weekend. hopefully i will be showin off some pic's when i return.

Comment

yes!!! have had bucks come through my set up haulin the mail and slam on the backs lookin for the sweet smell.... have shot a buck with his nose on one of those little canisters....

Comment

Had a 9 PT come in at Alabama Creek last year at a trot and went straight to my scent cannister of Doe in estrus. I did not get the shot because I was not ready. I have also seen does spook at the smell. I think like anything else sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't .

Comment

Had a spike follow my trail for 300 yards till I blasted him 4-5 years ago. It wont pull them out of woods but if they come across the trail you dropped they should follow it if conditions are right.

Comment

Working...
                            X