Input wanted for new shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Input wanted for new shaft

I'm going to wait till seasons over but I'm already thinking on a new shaft/broadhead combo.

The bow will be a 70# katera with a 28" draw. The weight of the tip will be 150gr.

What spine shaft would you recommend? Would like to keep shaft length to 27-28" if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do you have an idea of how heavy of a finished weight arrow you looking to achieve?

Comment

.300 to .340

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
        do you have an idea of how heavy of a finished weight arrow you looking to achieve?
        Not really Red. If the shaft was 9-10gpi it that would be good. The epic shafts have been working well and they are decent in price so I'll probably stick with those

If the 340 spine will do that would be awesome cause thats what I have now. Might just have to trim a couple down and see what happens.

Comment

I don't think your gonna be in the 300-340 range unless we're talking about without the tip.

I don't know all the arrow makers but for easton I think your gonna be between a 340 and a 400. Might but half a dozen of each shoot them with fp's and broadheads and see which group the best.

for me I think your gonna have to go to the heavier arrow at 70lbs, if you went down below 65 I'd think the 400 would be good.

Comment

Easton is calling for a .340 spine for a 150 grain point weight and 28" arrow and a .347 for a 27" arrow. The 150 grain point weight is going to call for a stiffer spine than what you realize. If you stay with 70#'s and a 27 or 28" shaft length and a 150 grian point, then I think the .340 spine would be right in line. The .400 spine will probably be to weak. Personally if I was looking, it would definitely be the .340 at the least and I would look at a .300 spine because I personally like a stiffer spine for broadheads.

Comment

Thanks again for the input. I have some 340s cut 28" and a couple from a previous experiment cut 27.25". Also I have some broadheads that I think will come close to 150gr, maybe a smidge heavier, if I still have the inserts so I'll give it a whirl when I get home and see what happens.

Comment

I switched this year to carbon express mayhem hunter 350. Like the fill and with a 100 gr. Rage it shoots smooth and good flight.

Comment

Working...
                X