So I just broadhead tuned my Admiral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just broadhead tuned my Admiral

Kinda confused, FP's and BH's are hitting about the same hole at 20 yards now finally but when I look at the arrow nocked it's sitting visually right of center/string. This took forever because I was starting at visual center and BH's were shooting to the right of the FP's, so I kept moving the rest to the left but it didn't change much. I finally went right of center and the dang BH's started moving left. It's not way off to the right, but definitely noticeable with a quick rough eyeball. I'll extend further out tomorrow and fine tune better but wanted to get some info from yall to be sure I'm on the right track before I shoot my shoulder out. Should I be worried about any of this?

Bowtech Admiral at 70 lbs and RedHead CarbonMax2 350's around 28.5" long if any of that matters.

What things look like at full draw are vastly different than what they look like when the bow is at rest. Cams lean and change alignment. Limbs torque, Riser bends.

Did you do a walk back tune with FP before you started with your BH. Do you know for a fact that your nock height is correct ? If it is off high or low it will greatly affect the left and right of your center shot. No offence as I do not know your level of mastery.
    Last edited by JBS; 10-29-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

When I did a walk back tune I shot 3 arrows that were aligned vertically at 10, 20, and 30 yards. I'm limited to 30 yards so couldn't go further. But even though the 3 arrows were vertically aligned when I shot the BH it sailed several inches to the right. Maybe I'm not doing things right. No idea on the nock point. To be honest I don't know too much about tuning, my last bow was an '06 Allegiance and I never had to tune a single thing on it everything was just plain perfect. I took this one to the pro shop a few days ago and they had me fire a few arrows through the paper, made a rest adjustment, and sent me home to BH tune.
      Last edited by justletmein; 10-29-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

OK, sounds like you are on the right track. Here is a very good little book that can help a great deal. It is a pdf so you can save it to your PC or print it out. It covers just about everything you will need to know for now.
        Attached Files

Comment

Dont even waste your time looking down the string and expecting the arrow to be in line with it. It wont happen, no matter how hard you try to make it happen. And if you do, there is no telling where it will be shooting. Just stick with BH/walkback tune you have going on, and forget about the visual aspect of it.

Comment

I was told with that bow it is going to sit that way. I had an Admiral when it first came out and it was set up the same way

Comment

Is it an '09 Admiral or a '10 Admiral with the FLX guard?

Comment

I shoot an Admiral, and I'm having the same problem. Im about 4in right at 20 yards.

Comment

i had one(worst mistake i ever made selling it), got it from rocky and he tuned it. when i got it home, i could shoot thunderhead 100's and magnus 2 blade 125gr buzzcuts out to 40yds and they would hit with ft's. it maxed out at 63# and was a 27" dl and shooting gt xt 5575 cut to 25 1/4" thru a wb rest. man that was a sweet bow, think i may cry now thanks

Comment

I give up, had that rest set everywhere from extreme obviously too far to the right to extreme obviously too far to the left and everything in between but no matter what the best I can get it to shoot the broadhead still hits at least 2" to the right of the field points at 30 yards.

JBS, thanks for the doc. I'll read that and start over from scratch all over again.

Rocky, 2009 Admiral.

I also took 5 turns out of each limb to lessen the draw weight to see if it changed anything in regard to arrow spine and put lipstick on one of my arrows' blazer vanes just to be sure but I don't see any evidence of it contacting anywhere.
                    Last edited by justletmein; 10-30-2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Try a .300 arrow

try a differrent BH

Are your groups consistant?, even though the FP and BH are not groupng together

Max your limbs out, minus a 1/2 turn

check your specs too

Comment

Working...
                      X