Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fobs and CX Maxima's

Just got my Fobs in today...

I've been shooting CX Maxima 350's with blazers, and having some issues with broadhead consistency. After learning to spin test my arrows, i'm finding that some of my arrows apparently are not square on the insert end. I removed them from rotation until I can get ahold of a G5 ASD. Today I stripped the wrap and vanes off one of my "square" arrows, and put a fob on it. Shot great with a field point, but inconsistent with the broadhead. Spin tested it watching the fob, and saw a slight wobble.

So looks like I need to put a rush on the G5 ASD. I'm wondering if any of you have had these kind of problems with arrows? Is it just the carbon express arrows and should I try something else, or is it perhaps something my shop is doing? I'm hoping that carbon express isn't chopping the arrow off, throwing a bulldog collar on it and calling it good.

I have a dozen CX 350's and hate to make a full switch, but if that's what needs to happen...

Here's another thing that just occurred to me...maybe i'm shooting the wrong spine arrow for my setup. The CX Maxima 350s are what was recommended by my shop.

Here's my specs:
    2009 Hoyt Alphamax 32, 58 lb., 28" draw, QAD Ultrarest HD, 27.5" CX Maxima 350's with 100 gr tips

Comment

Arrows are definitely on the stiff side for your set up. If you cannot get your Bh's to spin true on the shaft, then that could cause a problem. Take all your arrows and take the points off and take all you BH's and try each arrow to see if you find one arrow that when the BH is on, it spins true. Do this will all your BH's and arrows.

Comment

I did that and came up with about 6 combinations that work...these are my hunting arrows. I was hoping that there was a way to correct the others and I won't have to but 2-3 arrows to get one working combo.

Based on what I have read online, I thought my inserts might not be perfectly square on some of the arrows...which is why I am wanting to get the G5 arrow square device. If that is in fact the issue, I believe the ASD would correct it.

Do you think the 350's are too stiff? And maybe I should be looking at a change? If so, and suggestions as to which arrows to try?

Comment

If you could try some 400 spine arrows, they may be closer to what spine you need, either that or increase your draw weight to see what that does. I have the G5 squaring device and it will correct an insert that is off a little. Might also think about getting some rubber o rings and use them between your BH and your arrow. I have done that before and it will help on most cases.

Comment

I shoot Epic Carbon Express at 26'' draw, 27'' arrow with 400 spine topped off with 100 grain tip out of a Hoyt Ultra Sport with no problems. 62.5 lbs.

Comment

I'm shootin a Hoyt powerhawk @60lbs. 29" draw my arrows are 27.5" 400 bemans and I have no problems, field points and broadheads right ontop of each other.( 100 gr.)

Comment

58 lbs for a 350 arrow seems a little too much...

Comment

I think your arrows are a little too much for your set up. Looking on the CX website with your draw and # you should be shooting the 250 not the 350. I have a very similar set up and I shoot the beman 400 and the east st epic 400.

Hoyt AlphaMax 32 / 60# 29 draw

Comment

Working...
                  X