HELP PLEASE with Hoyt Maxis 31.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jv1141 View Post
    Sounds to be your form. Try to watch the arrow fly threw your sight. I had the problem of try to see around the bow.
    x2

Comment

shoot dif broadheads

Comment

Sounds like a whole whirlwind of possibilities. Need to knock them down one at a time with proper tuning and spining as well as checking your form.

Comment

if you're hitting nock up you need to move your nocking point down in small incriments. if you've got the left tear out of it by moving the rest then your arrows are fine spine wise, you may need to spin test them to make sure your arrows are spinning w/ no wobble w/ the broadheads on. pictures help. there are alot of people on here that can tell you how to tune your bow yourself, we just need a little visual aid to help you in the learning process.

Comment

OK update, tonight I turned the bow down five turns on both limbs.Went and shot through paper and the tear is better but still not right.I tryed moving the knock down and no change.Just to see what would happen I put on a broadhead and it hit close to bulleyes at 30 yards everytime and the arrows are straight in the target.I don't have a scale to check the draw weight but it is noticably lighter.I guess I will try and find some 7595 arrows tomorrow and recheck.

Comment

Originally posted by Head Hunter View Post
              If you have had the bow for 2 months I would bet it has more to do with string stretch and your cams are out of sync.
              I'm thinking spine and timing also.

Originally posted by Samiel2d View Post
              if you're hitting nock up you need to move your nocking point down in small incriments. if you've got the left tear out of it by moving the rest then your arrows are fine spine wise, you may need to spin test them to make sure your arrows are spinning w/ no wobble w/ the broadheads on. pictures help. there are alot of people on here that can tell you how to tune your bow yourself, we just need a little visual aid to help you in the learning process.
              A high tear by a release shot bow usually indicates a weak spined arrow, if nock point is correct and timing is good.

Originally posted by dharris View Post
              OK update, tonight I turned the bow down five turns on both limbs.Went and shot through paper and the tear is better but still not right.I tryed moving the knock down and no change.Just to see what would happen I put on a broadhead and it hit close to bulleyes at 30 yards everytime and the arrows are straight in the target.I don't have a scale to check the draw weight but it is noticably lighter.I guess I will try and find some 7595 arrows tomorrow and recheck.
              Timing, then spine.
              We're trying to help here.
              Your request for help and advice has been answered.

Comment

Looking at the cams how can timing get out .I don't see any way to move the string on the cams.I had my wife watch the stops when I draw and they seem to be hitting at the same time.I am just trying to picture if the cams are tied to the same string and there is no way to move the anchor point of the string on the cam how would you change the timing.I am no expert by any means just trying to learn.Thanks.

Comment

Timing can't be learned without knowing how to feel it.
                  Some use draw-boards, but that's never as accurate as feel due to differing pressure points used by the human hand.
                  Sometimes a bow feels timed, but paper tells me it's slightly out so, I adjust timing slightly until feel and paper-tune agree.
                  I know this doesn't help, but since you're leaving Saturday for your hunt, you probably ought to take your bow to an accomplished Hoyt technician.

Comment

How do you adjust timing on this bow?

Comment

Cable twist.

Comment

Don't really understand how this happened "overnight"......but sounds like that so many people have put their hands on it that your split buss, control cable or string are out of specs now. Find you a reputable tech familiar with your bow and stick with him.

Comment

Working...
                        X