Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get into bowhunting

Hey all,
    I am trying to get into bow hunting, but I'm really starting from scratch. I don't know anything about bows and the necessary equipment that I need to acquire to get started.

I've been looking at bows and would like to try to get into a solid, used bow, possibly buying from someone who lives in the area (Tomball/Spring). I understand that Matthews is a pretty good brand, and Parker as well, but I'm not sure outside of that.

Any suggestions/guidance?

Try to shoot as many bows as possible and read alot of info on different bows, kinda hard to shoot used bows.

Comment

Head to the BowZone! Shoot all the bows you can! I live in Tomball and just bought my first bow about 2 weeks ago. The mission series by Matthews is awesome!

Comment

i agree with kyle,,i got kyle a little bit into bowhunting this year...just shoot all the bows you can and see what feels the most comfortable,and everyone is gonna tell u to buy there kind of bow because they like it...go with what is in ur price range and what u like about it..as of arrows and everything else just go to any bow shop and thhey will set u up "bowzone,west houston archery" good luck!

Comment

Check out this web site. Pretty good information for someone new

Archery Compound Bows, Recurve Bows and Longbows for sale. Australia's Largest archery equipment supplier. Archery Supplies distributes Archery Equipment to Sydney NSW, Brisbane QLD , Melbourne VIC, Perth WA, Hobart TAS. Our staff are all archers and two National Archery champions assisting you with your Archery.

Comment

Go try as many as you can at your local bowshop

Comment

Take a look at this and learn some of the concepts and terminology then go to one of the local shops the previous guys recommended and shoot everything you can.

Comment

I think there is a good archery club in your area, hook up with them. They should be of great assistance.

Comment

Working...
                X