d loop ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

d loop ?

besides putting a new one on, is there a way to move one up or down? I need to move mine down. The one on my outback that I just got in is a little high for my wb. If I get my centershot right, my wb is touching the roller guard. Wil this effect anything? Could I put some moleskin on it to keep it from rubbing it? Thanks in advance.

You can use a nock stuck in a shaft drop ( the cut off few inches of a shaft ) as a tool to move the loop up or down, move one knot at a time. Yes moving you nocking point will change your center shot. You must always get your nock hight right before you Can set left or right center shot.
    Last edited by JBS; 10-15-2010, 08:22 PM.

Comment

You can also twist it up and down the string, just remember to make sure it is tight after you move it. Stick a pair of needle nose between it and string and open wide.

Comment

thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
          You can also twist it up and down the string, just remember to make sure it is tight after you move it. Stick a pair of needle nose between it and string and open wide.
          Yup, the serving will act like threads on a screw. Look to see which way serving is wound to determine direction to move. Just hold one side as you move the other knot a little at a time, then repeat on other knot till you get it in line again. Check with square to see how far one rotation moves it. If D- Loop was tight to start with, it should remain tight, but check anyway. If necessary retighten with nn pliers.

Comment

Working...
          X