ladder stand ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ladder stand ?

my local atwoods has a 16' ladder stand on sale for $59, has anyone bought one and used it? I've never had a ladder stand but was thinkin about gettn one for that cheap. I was just afraid that's what they may be, cheap.

I paid not much more that that @ the walmart post season clearance sale. been using it 3 years no problems

Comment

Yes, I have used the Atwoods ladder stand and I have it in the woods right now. It's exactly the same as any other 15ft ladder stand that you can get for $59-99 at Academy, Gander, Cabelas, etc. No problems with it and it went together easily enough. I think I paid right at $39 for it last year as a closeout after the season. I would say it's worth the $59.

The Atwoods in Tyler is selling the 6.5 gallon hanging bucket feeder, with photocell timer for $39.00 right now. They work well enough and that's a pretty good price for them. I bought two.

Todd
      Last edited by BoneDigger; 10-13-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
        The Atwoods in Tyler is selling the 6.5 gallon hanging bucket feeder, with photocell timer for $39.00 right now.

Todd
        If still looking for bucket feeders moultrie has (at least they did yesterday) their refurbished with digital timer on clearance for I believe $35. Bought 4 over the summer and they have worked great so far.

Comment

believe I'll go friday and get one. I need one to hunt a spot where deer are crossin our place that I couldn't get to last yr cause it was too wet.

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
            If still looking for bucket feeders moultrie has (at least they did yesterday) their refurbished with digital timer on clearance for I believe $35. Bought 4 over the summer and they have worked great so far.
            Yes the ones at Atwood are Moultrie as well.

Todd

Comment

todd,
              how comfortable is the stand to sit in?

Comment

just make sure it looks safe and built good.dont go over the requirements

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                  todd,
                  how comfortable is the stand to sit in?
                  It's okay, but you'll probably want to buy a pad of some kind. The spanded metal seat gets old after an hour or two.

Todd

Comment

I've got two ladder stands that I got from The Sportsmans Guide for $49.99 and they are well built and sturdy so don't let the price detour you.

Comment

ok, thanks. I got 2 pads, one for my but and one for my back.

Comment

After hunting off a ladderstand,I'll
                        never use a treestand again,unless
                        it's the last resort.They are a whole
                        lot easier setting up and hunting out
                        of for me.(old guy)
                        Ernie

Comment

Just picked one up and put it in the woods. feels sturdy enough can't wait till Wed. to hunt out of it.

Comment

Working...
                          X