No announcement yet.

blunt tips for small game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a squirrel with G5 small game heads 10 yards didn't destroy it at all, but snapped it's spine in half

Comment

Just get some washers from the hardware store and put them behind your field points and go hunting..

Comment

They don't look as cool as the G5 SGH but thats probly what i would have done if i didnt have rewards points burning through my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
          Just get some washers from the hardware store and put them behind your field points and go hunting..
          ^
          this works fine.

I haven't shot a small critter with my new bow, so no telling how it does with a Judo, probably like described above. With my old recurve, and my old Jennings, it knocked the crud out of 'em, and didn't tear up too much meat.

Comment

i tried the bottle cap thing and it works but man is it loud

Comment

i have shot a few squirrels with the g5 and it has done the trick. I have not shot a coon with one but I want to (in the head). I usually shoot the coons with a broadhead.

Comment

I shot a squirrel the other day with one of the spring type tips. He was standing and facing me. I hit it square in the sternum at 15 yards. Sounded like a balloon popping. Looked like one, too.

Comment

If you are shooting any bow with some speed then I've found it hard to find anything that won't do some penetrating.

Comment

Dropping the poundage makes sense. I like to squirrel hunt with a .22, not a large bore rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Adgerc15 View Post
                      bludgeon
                      I used these for years and they work great.

Comment

Working...
                      X