bowtech tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bowtech tribute

I have found a 06 50-60# with speed mods. 27.5'' what speeds could I expect? And what's ur opinion on the tribby? Thanks

I would say in the 300's depending on arrow weight. I'm look for a Tribby myself. I have shot 1 and it was a superb feeling bow 2 me and was whisper quiet. I would get it if I was u,u won't regreat it...Brian

Comment

thanks, did the one you shot have a string stop on it?

Comment

One of Bowtech's best bows.
        A lot of us Tribby owners are spending money elsewhere instead of buying new bows every few years- they are that good.

Speed wise? Not apples to apples, but mine is set at ~62# shooting a 385 gr arrow 271 w/ 29" draw & smooth mods.

Comment

thanks

Comment

ttt, anybody else?

Comment

Just bought mine-cant wait to shoot it!

Comment

I owned a tribute and wish I wouldn't have sold it. I will tell you that you won't touch 300fps unless you are shooting an arrow that is too light.
                My set up was 72# shooting 27" draw length, arrow weight was 369gr and was shooting 280. I had a string stop and speed mods.
                It was the best bow I had owned to that point.

Now my opinion on speed and light arrows. Would you rather be hit by a ping-pong ball moving 400fps or a baseball moving 250fps?
                Treat you bow right and shoot at least an average weighted arrow. If you try to push this tribute to 300 you could damage it. Folks shooting 60# and 27" draws don't cross 300 often.
                Last edited by keep; 10-28-2010, 05:51 AM.

Comment

ive got an 06 70# for sale if anybody is interested. Search bowtech tribute FS in classifieds.

Comment

I have an 06 and love it. Cranked it up at the bow shop and, using light arrows, got 308 out of it. Rigged for hunting I'm at about 285.

Comment

62 lbs 345gr arrow 27in draw shooting 286

Comment

I got mine, its set at 64# and keeping an easy 285 with 365 gr. Needless to say, I am super happy with it. I also got a great deal on it =)

Comment

The Tribute was one of BTs best sellers. It was also a great shooting bow. I was never a fan of the speed mods, and preferred the smooth mods. Never liked the harsh aggressive peak of the draw to break ti over with the speed mods. And you only gained about 8fps on average with them. Not worth the trade off of drawability. They are pretty much bullet proof, and never had any of the limb issues that BT is sometimes known for. I dont think you will be disappointed in any way if you get this bow.

Comment

Working...
                          X