Arrows >>>---> 300 vs. 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrows >>>---> 300 vs. 400

How much difference is there from a 300 to a 400 arrow on spline, what pond bow would justify a 300 arrow?

The word is SPINE, and there is .1 inches difference in deflection between 300 and 400. Total arrow length and tip weight will determine what spine you need for which poundage you choose to shoot. You can shoot a shorter 400 arrow with a lighter tip weight or a little longer arrow with a heavier tip with a 300 spine, out of the same bow set to say 65 pounds. There will also be a difference in total arrow weight in GPI because to stiffen carbon arrows, they make the side walls thicker.

Comment

Need your arrow length and point weight to answer your question.

Comment

The lenght is 28" and the point will be 100 grains..

Comment

I believe if you are shooting between 60 to 70 you need 400 . If you are shooting less than 60 you could probably go with 300.

Comment

Just the opposite, the 300 is spined stiffer than the 400 so at 70 I would recommend the 300's. I have always liked a slightly stiffer spine than something that is right on the edge or dead on. I am shooting 28" GT XT Hunters @ 70#'s and shoot the 75/95 XT's.

Comment

340, 400, 500 is the amount of deflection of the same weight added to each arrow. 340 is less than 400 and so on.

Comment

What grain would you use with a 300 arrow? Shooting #68 and 28" arrow.

Comment

I think I'd go with a .340 spine with 100gr points. If ya just want a .300 then I'd try 125gr points and see how the tune up.

Comment

See wht weight point works best for you. Start with the 100 grain and see how it shoots and then go 125 or more to get the best flight. Going more on the point weight will help in quieting your bow, more FOC and probably more KE and more momentum. I have added 150 grains via insert weight to my arrows and it is the second best thing I have done in years to help my shooting and accuracy.

Comment

I shoot at 65lbs., 350 Mayhem Hunters and 100gr. points. Flies good for me. Oh yeah,I fletch w/ Gateway 2in. Razor feathers.

Comment

moved my post to a new thread
                        Last edited by 12thman; 11-16-2010, 02:24 PM.

Comment

If you are shooting an X-Cam bow you need to look an see if the chart covers extra hard cam bows, many old charts do not. If you do not have a copy of On Target here are a few Manufactures charts, they may not cover X-Cams that require an stiffer spine than normal.

Arrows Arrows - Worlds Best Hunting and Target Arrows. Easton Arrows are used by more bowhunters, 3D competitors, target shooters and Olympic archers than

Work around, add 1 pound of draw weight for each 3fps above 310 IBO speed

Example: 330 IBO
                          330-310=20fps
                          20/3=6.6lbs...
                          70 pound bow-----use 77lbs-80lbs on chart

Comment

Working...
                          X