should i expect a dramatic change...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i expect a dramatic change...

so i have been shooting 400's for years now, but have recently increased poundage and technically should be shooting 340's. since its time to order some arrows, i will be ordering the 340's. should i expect significant tuning issues with the new arrows? i shoot a dxt currently right at 68-70#'s, 29 ' draw, with a ripcord rest. i have been shooting arrows cut 29.5 length with 100 gr. bh's . it shoots bullets now through paper, and virtually every bh i shoot, shoots straight and true.

thanks

What was your draw weight before?

Comment

i shoot 340's at 62# so i'd have a lil heavier arrow w/ more KE. i shoot beeman ics hunters and the difference between the 400s and 340s really isnt that significiant. it the 340s shoot just a touch lower then the 400s, out to 30yards i believe its only like a 3" drop from the 400s. i honestly dont believe you should expect that drastic of a change between the 2 different spines.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
        What was your draw weight before?
        64# and the 400's where right on the line of what i could use but i already had 3 dozen

Comment

Originally posted by leebtattoos View Post
          64# and the 400's where right on the line of what i could use but i already had 3 dozen
          That's exactly where I'm at right now ... except with a 27" draw and 28" arrow.
          I think you'll be right on the money, with the spine.
          You might have to adjust, a little for any added weight, with the new arrows.

Are they the same brand of arrow? Same diameter?

Comment

I would just make sure you are not shooting to light an arrow. You should be shooting at least 5 grains per pound.

Comment

yes and yes. same arrows, just diff, spine. i figured it would not make any big tuning issues just slight adjustments but i wanted to make sure. i have been shooting 400's for so long and before that was shooting aluminum so wanted to check

Comment

I think I read (from one of the tuning gurus on here) that it's better to err on the side of too stiff rather than too weak. I bet you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                X