Anybody shooting a Bear Attack 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody shooting a Bear Attack 2010?

Just picked up this new bow recently....boy is it fast and solid feel! cant wait to hunt with it. How have y'all liked yours?

Our local shop guys have been shooting both the Z7 and an ATTACK and when I asked their honest opinion they couldnt choose one over the other. (they are friends as well so I trust they were telling the truth) For me it was seeing several people recently having problems with their Mathews bows that made the final decision for me. One guy broke a limb on his Z7 the first week he had it and I witnessed another guys cables pop off the cams as we shot at the range.
    Ive had 2 BEAR bows prior to this (including the 2010 Strike) and NEVER had a single mechanical issue.

Disclaimer: I do really like the look of Mathews stuff guys and still want to see what all the hub bubb 's all about with these bows just need a reliable solid bow at the moment

what is your opinion on the strike ? what kinda speeds were u getting

Comment

Great lil bow. I hunted with it since LAST year when I pre-ordered. Had one of the first 10 in the country. VERY quite bow (been told many times by folks at the rannge) I was chronoing speeds in the mid 260's with CE Terminator Hunter Lites and 100 grain BHs set at 66lbs, but I really wasnt going for a very fast bow to begin with. It was purposely bought for shooting out of my pop-up blind due to its compactness and quiteness. Most of my shots were between 22-27 yds. Overall one of the best bang for your buck bows out there. They combined the size and features basically of the old Lights Out and Truth 2 into one bow

NOW back to the ATTACK shall we?

Comment

dont know much on the attack but interested in knowing the speeds, do you know how fast your arrow was when shooting the Strike

Comment

Originally posted by firexd View Post
          dont know much on the attack but interested in knowing the speeds, do you know how fast your arrow was when shooting the Strike
          Ya I posted that above. The ATTACKS IBO is 340+fps

Comment

Tim??????? He shoots one. Sure he'll chime in soon.

I love my Instinct and when it's time I'll be buying another BEAR BOW. Congrats SAB!

Comment

2050z where are you????

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer1 View Post
                2050z where are you????
                Ya I counted on him actually

My only complaint so far is when I put my quiver with 4 arrows on yesterday it felt REALLY heavy, but on a positive side that probably why the release feels really solid, no vibrations.

Time for new lighter quiver and some new arrows anyway. Looking at G5 quiver and CE Mayhem arrows (so far)

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                  Tim??????? He shoots one. Sure he'll chime in soon.

I love my Instinct and when it's time I'll be buying another BEAR BOW. Congrats SAB!
                  Thanks CUZ! this is my 3rd BEAR bow in a row. They're just such a good solid performing bow its hard to change. I tried to go Mathews but people at the range were having problems with them and every time I go to the local shop someone is bringing in a Mathews for repair. Whats the deal? Not trying to be biased by any means but its the truth, so help me you know who.

Comment

I had A bear Quantium and it shot wonderful for a while then all the sudded one of my draw stirngs started poppin off during the release... so i bought the the PSE x-force love that bow other then the way the cams work for my correct draw length i am constantly fighting the cams when I make my draw... Just got the Mathews Monster 7.0 man i love this thing. i have only had it a couple day, guess not really long enough to have any issues with it yet but i love this thing so far....

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                      Thanks CUZ! this is my 3rd BEAR bow in a row. They're just such a good solid performing bow its hard to change. I tried to go Mathews but people at the range were having problems with them and every time I go to the local shop someone is bringing in a Mathews for repair. Whats the deal? Not trying to be biased by any means but its the truth, so help me you know who.
                      You are a Bear Bow guy! lol Okay kinda corny...

My bow felt the same way after putting a quiver on it. If you're like me you just got use to the ultra lightness of the bare bow. You will probably get use to the new weight real quick. Or do what I did and go with the 3 arrow Quickie quiver. It makes a big difference! And I'm yet to ever need more than 3 arrows in one hunt...

Comment

My first bow was a Bear that was over 20 years ago. It was a good bow, slow but solid!
                        The new Bear bow is a nice looking bow.

My buddy and I never had any problems with our Mathews bows, over 6 bows total. One of his bows was accidentally run over by a 4 wheeler; it shot just fine for the next 5+ years .

Comment

Originally posted by DC-Monster70 View Post
                          My first bow was a Bear that was over 20 years ago. It was a good bow, slow but solid!
                          The new Bear bow is a nice looking bow.

My buddy and I never had any problems with our Mathews bows, over 6 bows total. One of his bows was accidentally run over by a 4 wheeler; it shot just fine for the next 5+ years .
                          wow! thaT was cool. I would still like to try a REEZEN 6.5 I'd seen to many people have issues with the Z7 for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
                            You are a Bear Bow guy! lol Okay kinda corny...

My bow felt the same way after putting a quiver on it. If you're like me you just got use to the ultra lightness of the bare bow. You will probably get use to the new weight real quick. Or do what I did and go with the 3 arrow Quickie quiver. It makes a big difference! And I'm yet to ever need more than 3 arrows in one hunt...
                            Shot yesterday getting sighted in again before 3d shoot this weekend and was able to get tight groups on paper at 30yds. Had to stop shooting early cause my buddy was also sighting in his new Mathews target bow and HIT THE CHRONO 3 times in a row! LMAO it was all I could do to stop from rolling on the ground laughing.

First 2 shots hit the speed trap bar thingys and we patched it back together, but the 3rd shot got him a double lung, Pope & Young Pro Chrono, kill shot right in the vitals. Pro Chrono didnt go more than 20 yds before it dropped dead in the middle of the static range

If it doesnt rain I'll finish up out to 50 yds today.

Comment

If it dont rain I'll be try tomorrow and we can compair score I'll be shooting my broken down Z7. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X