welcome to the dark side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welcome to the dark side

Im a long time traditonalist that just got his first compound in a trade. now that i have it why does it keep hitting the ground 1 foot in front of the target at ten yards? It is a PSE mach X, with tru glo sights and a trophy ridge drop away rest. i adjusted the sights from one extreme to the other, and even locked the rest open at full draw with no change. i dont think its me. what could be wrong and how do you guys put up with these agravating things? Now where is my recurve...................................

There is a few things that this could stem from, so I'd take it to your closest shop for a check-up.

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
      Im a long time traditonalist that just got his first compound in a trade. now that i have it why does it keep hitting the ground 1 foot in front of the target at ten yards? It is a PSE mach X, with tru glo sights and a trophy ridge drop away rest. i adjusted the sights from one extreme to the other, and even locked the rest open at full draw with no change. i dont think its me. what could be wrong and how do you guys put up with these agravating things? Now where is my recurve...................................
      My bet is your form is way off.Probably moving your head down to shoot.I used to do the same and a kissr button cured it fast.

Comment

your peep might not be tied in good enough. Have you tried to paper tune it?

Comment

Take the bow to a local dealer (a good one) and have it set up for you. Setting the peep, verify the draw length and tuning. Once everything is setup or verified, have someone from the shop check your form.

I wasted too much time on a bow that was not set up correctly. Nothing is more frustrating to me than shooting inconsistently. Once my bow was set up right, I was shooting more consistent and my groupings are getting tighter and tighter.

Comment

Well, im going to the local shop tomorrow after work. thanks for all the help.

Comment

Let us know what you find out

Comment

Working...
              X