String/cable replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String/cable replacement

I know it has been asked before, but was wondering how often you should change string/cable on compound bow. I have a '07 Diamond Rapture. I don't notice any fraying or nicks etc. but have often heard that you should replace every 3 yrs or so. Any truth to this. I shoot alot, almost everyday even if it is just 5-10 min. I don't really mind doing it if need be but don't want to just for the sake of doing it. Any suggestions. Will probably go with winners choice if needed. Thanks

The strings do need to be changed on occasion! I would change every two years but you went one more year-good. However you might want to look at other options than WC, not the strings are bad, just that you can get really good strings for less money. and have cs on top of that. Depending on your shooting, how much heat the strings get, or how cold, how many lbs draw, how light of the arrow, all these wear on strings, and you probably have some stretch on them now.

Comment

String manufacturers claim 3000 shots is when they need changing.
      Your string may be less or more abused than others, but keep this number of shots in mind.
      The Octane strings made by Bowtech are turning out to be very good strings, and come with a two year warranty.

Comment

Mine weren't fraying either but my peep would not stay straight, so I got new strings on my 08 Diamond Marquis. Come to find out a few strands broke inside the bundled strings and they were just stretching more and more. I got vapor trails. It ended up costing me 100 bux for the string, cable, installation of them and peep and string loop. I love them so far.

Comment

Sounds good guys, thanks for the input. I have noticed they have stretched, due to having to adj. sights every 2-3 months, etc. Guess it's time.

Comment

I just replaced the string on my new Bowtech Destroyer after three days..................only because I cut it after trying to remove/replace the string silencers Under normal conditions I believe every 1.5-2 years should be good.

Comment

Working...
            X