Wildgame Innovations camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildgame Innovations camera

I be thinking about getting a infrared scouting camera from wildgame innovations. I just wanted to know if anybody has one and see if they like it

I have 2 of the iR4 ones...have not had any problems except that they eat c batteries...so I just use rechargable ones..

Comment

Where do you get rechargeable C batteries? Been looking forever

Comment

Originally posted by hoytfamily41 View Post
        Where do you get rechargeable C batteries? Been looking forever
        You can get rechargeable C batteries here
        http://www.batteryjunction.com/

and somewhere I remember seeing "sleeves" that adapt AA batteries to the C size.

Comment

I have about 7 of these cameras out and have to say I'm very impressed with the IR4.Out of the 7 we have had good luck with 6 of them.I have had as many of 1300 pics in a two week period and have over half of the battery life.

Comment

I didn't have a real good experience with this camera. I read alot of good reviews about them here on the GS so I bought one. After one day of pictures I decide to take it back. Maybe I got a bad camera because I have seen some of the pics that others have posted and they were pretty good. Mine were not so good. I have always had good luck with Stealth Cams, so that's what I traded it in for.

The day time pics were too fuzzy for my liking.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0001 (Medium).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	23935892

Name:	PICT0005 (Medium).JPG
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	23935893

And the Infrared pics didn't cover as much ground as I had hoped for.

Name:	PICT0028 (Medium).JPG
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	23935894

Name:	PICT0040 (Medium).JPG
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	23935895

Hope this helps, like I said, maybe I just got a bad one but I was not impressed.

Comment

Here are a couple of examples of the wildgame 1r4c. I think they are well worth the money!! Ive had great success with them i picked up 2 more off ebay for about $75 each
              Attached Files

Comment

thats an example of how much each camera can vary......first pics ARE TERRIBLE and I see why you returned it instantly and the 2nd pics arent too shabby at all. excellent for that price range

Comment

mine had been good as far as picture quality

the battery housing is made of plastic and i guess due to the frequency in which i change batteries I have broken the tabs on both sides that stop batteries when you put them in. A little Aggie engineering fixed that though!

ac

Comment

Originally posted by Birddogss View Post
                    I have 2 of the iR4 ones...have not had any problems except that they eat c batteries...so I just use rechargable ones..
                    X2 We used one at my buddy's place near Cleveland last season and it worked great for us other than the battery issues. Rechargeables are the way to go. My range finder by WGI is the same way. It chews up those little CR2's like bubble gum which is no bueno seeing as they're pretty expensive. I recently ordered a set of rechargeable CR2's off ebay, we'll see how that goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X