night hunting ????s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

night hunting ????s

i have a light on my bow and can see the hogs fine but hard to see my peep. and my pins any help thanks

You can get a sight light and take white out or liquid paper to cover the bulb. Then take a stick pin and scratch just enough of the white out off to light up your top pin.

As for the peep...... glow in the dark paint works well.

Comment

Depending on the sight you can get a small light for it that shines light directly into the fiber optics that will make them brighten up like Christmas, glow in the dark paint for the peep works really well. X2 on that Dren!

Comment

Originally posted by txcat44 View Post
        Depending on the sight you can get a small light for it that shines light directly into the fiber optics that will make them brighten up like Christmas, glow in the dark paint for the peep works really well. X2 on that Dren!
        I have a site light, but problem is it is way too bright.
        So what DrenlinJunky is saying is to cover it with liquid paper then scratch just a tiny bit off the light so it barely lights up your pins.
        I'm going to try this, the last time I shot at night and user my light it blinded me because the pins was too bright. I had to turn It off and let my eyes adjust and shoot without it.
        Last edited by tx07; 05-31-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
          i have a light on my bow and can see the hogs fine but hard to see my peep. and my pins any help thanks
          use the biggest peep you can find, mine is a 1/4". The larger the hole the easier to see thru in the dark.

Comment

The white out is a great idea DrenlinJunkie.

Comment

You can use white out or buy a new light, they make them now that are adjustable from very bright to barely visable.

Comment

pest thing is sights that have the light shine THROUGH the fiber optics instead of shining ON the fiber optics. the true glo and the G5 sights ive found luminate the best with out blinding you

Comment

i got the pins fixed but peep is a pain what kind glow paint all i have used chips or wont stick to the plastic

Comment

I bought my glo paint off ebay and it works great. Hit with a led flashlight for about 2 minutes and your good to go for at least 3 hours. It will eventually peel away or fall off but it will last through several hundred shots. Here is a link to the paint I bought.
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/Glow-dark-Paint-...item1c12f2f7b2

Comment

Laser. Sight it in at 20 yards to match your pin and then draw high and bring the red dot down. Back 1/3 from the front, up 1/2 from the ground and let it fly.

Comment

you can do all this stated above or you can just take your peep off and practice with out it. i did this years back and its way better imo. i never need to be concerned with low light situations. i messed with all the "rigging" of my peep to 'make it work', but in the end it was better just to scrap it. i also became more accurate because i focused way more on my anchor points and didnt get lazy

Comment

Apex makes new rheostat push button light that barely luminates the pins on the lowest setting which prevents being blinded by pins when using a bright light. Has three different settings for brightness and is very compact.

Comment

I've got a retrostatic sight-light now for my sights. Before that, I used black electrical tape over the sight-light and poked holes in it with a straight pin to let just enough light through to contrast with my Hawglite. I kept a peice of the felt sided velcro on the back of my riser with a pin in it for opening up the holes when needed. Also, to bright of a Hawglite will sometimes spook highly pressured hogs. So I run my batteries down to where I can just barely see them in the dark. Makes my sight pins stand out more too. I also use a kisser button for an anchor point. I don't even have to have my eyes open when I draw as when I feel that kisser, and I open my eyes, my peep is aligned perfectly. I also use a peep with a very large outside diameter. The midle hole, or inside hole is not as critical. It will let light through no matter what. But the larger the outside diameter is, the more light it blocks from around the outside edges and only lets light in through the center. It makes it easier for your eye to pick up the light from the restricted area around the opening. Example: I use a peep with a 3/16" opening. But the outside diameter is 1/2". Its like holding a sheet of paper (or cardboard) to your face over your eye with a tiny hole through it. Shine a light on the other side in low light, look through, and you will see what I mean. Now try it with a peep with a very narrow wall, or small O.D., and the light slips by the outside O.D. easier, makeing the peep harder to locate because the human eye in the dark has a harder time destinguishing the outside and inside light.

Or do as Lee B. dose above and learn to shoot without one.

And I can't stress enough, to practice in the dark. Then you will more likely know what to expect.

Comment

Extreme Trophy Hunter, with .010 pins, purple haze light. It is adjustable for all lighting conditions and the smaller pin size makes it easy to see past it at night.

Comment

Working...
                              X