• Time
  • Show
Clear All

70# Reezen 6.5
    29" draw
    384 grain including the field tip
    314 FPS

Comment

Total arrow weight is reccomended at 5GPP of draw weight. That has NOTHING to do with the spine of the arrow. that is determined by wall thickness, and total shaft diameter, and total length of the shaft.

Comment

OK...excuse me, is it a little under the recommended weight then....would it void the warranty say if the limbs blew or something since it's not at the recommended arrow weight?

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        Total arrow weight is reccomended at 5GPP of draw weight. That has NOTHING to do with the spine of the arrow. that is determined by wall thickness, and total shaft diameter, and total length of the shaft.

Comment

it very well could void the warranty, should there be a catastrophic failure. But very rarely have i seen a bow maker question arrows when a bow blows up, unless it happens more than once. Even then, it would just take a turn of a wrench, and everything would be fine!

Comment

400 grain axis
            29" draw
            61#
            292 fps was the highest chrono reading we got. it also shot 289 and 290.

i am going to have this bow for awhile....

Comment

Cool, thanks....I'm not debating with ya, trying to learn more. I remember reading about some HCA arrows they were making and having issues with because they were so light. Think they were the Speed Pros? Thanks brother

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
              it very well could void the warranty, should there be a catastrophic failure. But very rarely have i seen a bow maker question arrows when a bow blows up, unless it happens more than once. Even then, it would just take a turn of a wrench, and everything would be fine!

Comment

I'm in the high KE crowd on my wheelie bow

Elite Z28
                28" draw
                70lb
                460 gr Easton FMJ
                270fps
                74ft/lbs KE

Hits hard, great penetration, and drop is negligable - tried a 400 gr arrow for a while, and only had 4 inches difference @40yrds, so I went heavier. Rig will shoot a sub-4 inch group @ 60yrds as long as I do my part.

Comment

....I hear ya.

Originally posted by Txnrog View Post
                  I'm in the high KE crowd on my wheelie bow

Elite Z28
                  28" draw
                  70lb
                  460 gr Easton FMJ
                  270fps
                  74ft/lbs KE

Hits hard, great penetration, and drop is negligable - tried a 400 gr arrow for a while, and only had 4 inches difference @40yrds, so I went heavier. Rig will shoot a sub-4 inch group @ 60yrds as long as I do my part.

Comment

DXT
                    29"
                    64 pounds
                    368 grains
                    293 fps

Comment

I am shooting about 180fps out of my Sarrels Blueridge longbow with 516gr GoldTip arrows. Speed ain't all its cracked up to be. I kill stuff all the time.

Bisch

Comment

Don't know and don't really care. Why is this such a big deal to everyone. The indians were shooting buffalo with who knows what and deer and we are worried about our speed?

Comment

I have to admit that i don't know what speed amy arrows are moving. I am currently shooting a Mathews Q-32, Easton flatline arrows and 100gn field points. I don't concern myself with the speed anymore because all the factords mentioned affect the advertised IBO speed rating. I have learned i would rather make my rig as QUIET as possible, because if your arrow will fly true and go right where your pin is fast is fine but quiet kills.

Comment

Fast doesn't mean loud any longer...my Destroyer 350 is not loud at all

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                            I have to admit that i don't know what speed amy arrows are moving. I am currently shooting a Mathews Q-32, Easton flatline arrows and 100gn field points. I don't concern myself with the speed anymore because all the factords mentioned affect the advertised IBO speed rating. I have learned i would rather make my rig as QUIET as possible, because if your arrow will fly true and go right where your pin is fast is fine but quiet kills.

Comment

Did a little more testing tonight. Just maxed out my 60# limbs @ 28" DL.

330 gr CX Maxima @ 26.25" - 297-301 fps

355 gr CX Maxima @ 28" - 286-287 fps

401 gr CX Mayhem @ 26.25" - 275-276 fps

Scales: RCBS Charge Master digital
                              Crono: Beta Shooting Crony

Hopefully I'll get enough strength up before the summer is over to shoot 60-70# limbs again .
                              Last edited by Texas Grown; 06-19-2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

diamond justice

26.5 dl
                                68lbs DW
                                374gr's
                                252fps

not the quites and the fastest bow out there but it get the job done, its now my back up bow setting up a dreny 2009 at 27". LH= the other side of the bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X