No announcement yet.

Bow Exploded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad ur ok, scary stuff right there!! Next time avoid all the rigamaro and just send GUIDO to start twisting some pinkies.

Comment

2 year old bow. Did you buy it used? Just wondering if the previous owner may have dry fired it. Hope you get a new one!

Comment

Oops. Sorry. I am a noob and didn't realize this thread is two years old. Back to lurking.

Comment

hope you get well soon just goes to show it can happen no matter what bow you shot check your gear people doesnt matter if you spend 50.00 or 2000.00 sometimes **** happens sorry about the lang but its the best way to say it

Comment

Biggun:

Why would you sue them? did you not read all the threads about being sue happy in this country. Martin is a great CO. and will take care of him. Your expectation or getting the best one they have is a little crude dont you think. If your car blew up do you think that company needs to give you the best one they have?
            Last edited by ETABNT; 08-06-2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              I have never sued anybody for anything but since it doesn't seem to be user error I would strongly suggest they cover my medical bill as well as send a new bow. I agree to much sueing going on these days sometimes over trivial sh!@, but IMHO this wouldn't be one of those times. If they didn't offer to cover expenses I probably would sue for at least expenses if it were me.
              I agree with covering all expenses as well and I'm not for sueing companies either. I would like to know if this is a common problem from this company. If it is then that is a different story. Sometimes you have to sue companies if there is ongoing neglegence or lack of safety measures to ensure quality to get them to do anything. I doubt that this is the case here but it wouldn't hurt to find out how common this is. How do you find that out? I don't really know but what if this had put his eye out or worse it was one of your children shooting it and it seriously hurt them. To the OP glad you are ok and you weren't hurt any worse than you were. Again keep us up to date on how this turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by nosfed View Post
                hope you get well soon just goes to show it can happen no matter what bow you shot check your gear people doesnt matter if you spend 50.00 or 2000.00 sometimes **** happens sorry about the lang but its the best way to say it
                If he isn't well by now things were really bad, this thread is 2 years old.

Comment

Glad you are okay....Hope all goes well with the replacement.

Comment

Ok I shoot the same bow and wow glad your are ok. Please let us know if they determine that something wrong with that bow only or if they have had issues with that yr model. Like I said I have the identical bow and never had a problem. I don't want to take the chance if it is a common issue with that bow. I have shot Martin since 1990 and l love there product. Thanks

Comment

man someone brought back an old one. either way I have been shooting martin for a while now and have had one issue with my 2010 pantera where the limb split down the middle after god knows how many shots thru it and travel. I called joel and he sent new limbs to alvarado archery no questions asked. Cost me 10 bucks to have Jim paper tune it and was happy to pay it.

Spencer

Comment

So I am not the only one that noticed

Originally posted by gitusum View Post
                        I work for Rytera (Martin Elite Series) and they have great customer service, they will get you taken care of..... Sorry to see this happen. If you have any trouble, feel free to shoot me a pm and I will help you out any way possible!!!

I have seen this before. While putting a Rip Cord on, a tech cut a few strands of string and 30 or 40 shots later it exploded.

Mike
                        I'm with everybody else, glad you didn't get it any worse and are ok.
                        I saw in your pics that the bow string was severed. My first thought was your bow didn't blow up as one would think. The damage done to you and your bow is due to the string failing at or close to full draw. on who's part the string failure is due I sure have no idea, but obviously was not a limb failure. The limb damage was due to an unforeseen dry fire.
                        Without any of the damage that you had happen, I had a Firecat tournament bow do the same thing in my hands when the cable broke about 1/4" above the upper tear drop(yea tear drop, old school). My bow at that time was a Martin Lynx xrg mag and my current bow is a Martin Patera. I have never owned a hunting bow that was anything other than a Martin. As everyone has said above, Martins customer service is second to none. Definitely do not let this influence your opinion of Martin bows or products.

Comment

holy sh%$

Comment

You guys realize this is a two year old thread right.. I think he is better and the now has been replaced by now.

Comment

yea, thought about that after fact. the thread was at the top of a key word search and I didn't check the date. My bad.

Comment

Glad your ok!👍

Comment

Working...
                                X