String Twist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String Twist

I have a Mathews Drenalin with original strings. They constantly twist and make it hard to see through my peep. I have switched to a larger peep to help.

I know your all going to say to use a string loop, but I prefer latching my release to the string. Is there anything else that can be done?

sounds like the strings are stretched

Comment

sure does. get yourself some custom strings and that shouldnt happen.

Comment

It is only 2 years old and I don't shoot that much. Shouldn't strings last longer?

Comment

Matthews uses sorry strings go with a good custom string.

Comment

What would be your suggestion and approximate cost?

Comment

It could be a possibility that when the peep was inserted inbetween the split string it was split at the incorrect location and then slid up or down to compensate for your anchor point. Seeing that it is 2 years old, go to an archery shop and have them checked out. A replacement may be in your future. Good Luck!

Comment

You probably dont need a new string/cable set. If you keep shooting off the string you will need one sooner than if you had a loop on. You need to take the bow to a shop, and have them put a twist or so in the string to get the peep to rotate correctly. Baracuda strings are not as bad as people say they are, so replacing them with a high dollar set is just a waste of $$ IMO. This problem you are having is very fixable and it should take about 5 minutes tops!

Comment

The bow shops I have been to (Two of them) both say it can only be fixed with a larger peep (already done, still a problem) or with a loop.

If I ordered the bow based on shooting off the string, won't it alter my draw length to use a string loop. I have a hook style release (Carter Quickie) and it seems like they are designed to hook on the string, not a loop.

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman12 View Post
                    It is only 2 years old and I don't shoot that much. Shouldn't strings last longer?
                    What would be your suggestion and approximate cost?
                    Vapor Trail Strings is what I would recommend.

Once you price out what you need, PM me the details like string and cable length before you buy from them. I may have a hookup that can save you $10-15 for them.

For example for a Mathews you probably need the 1 cam string ($44) and y-cable ($29) for a total of $73 + shipping. Depending on the color and length, I can probably get those for you for around $65 TYD. I can give you an exact price once I have your info.

Comment

The bow shops I have been to (Two of them) both say it can only be fixed with a larger peep (already done, still a problem) or with a loop.

If I ordered the bow based on shooting off the string, won't it alter my draw length to use a string loop. I have a hook style release (Carter Quickie) and it seems like they are designed to hook on the string, not a loop.
                      it wont alter your draw length, but it will change your anchor point.

Comment

I think there are only 2 ways to really fix it
                        1. A good set of strings on it that will not stretch or twist.
                        2. Use the rubber tubing that connects to your peep that will ensure it always rotates around for you.

Putting a loop on will help some but won't fully eliminate the problem.

Comment

reinsert the peep in the string, or do the rubber tubing. When your serving wears out get a d loop put on, spring time is the best time to do this as it gives you all summer to adjust to the new anchor site.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                            I think there are only 2 ways to really fix it
                            1. A good set of strings on it that will not stretch or twist.
                            2. Use the rubber tubing that connects to your peep that will ensure it always rotates around for you.

Putting a loop on will help some but won't fully eliminate the problem.
                            Three things make a string rotate as described...

1. serving wrapped against the string twists (sometimes can be fixed)

2. twists in the string unbalanced (can always be fixed)

3. broken strand under a serving... (new string)

The Zebra Baracudda string is as good as any of the supposed custom strings.. After two years on the bow any string will creep..

Comment

Mike how can you say that the strings are not the problem!! Zebra strings have to be the worst strings on the planet. More people have stretched strings with these than any other strings on the market. Most custom string makers guaratee their strings for a year, but not Mathews-why?! Mathews also are more expensive than other "better" strings.
                              Back to the problem with his peep, what else can it be but string stretch? Most custom strings are under $85.00 but the Mathews are more than that!!

Comment

Working...
                              X