No announcement yet.

D strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the D loop is put on right it should not come off.

Comment

Metal loop=NO! String loop=yes! The metal loop is a quick fix for those that do not know how to tie, maybe your shop needs to start installing those! They are bad news if you have the screws get loose, and they do!! A flying metal frisbee!! "Danger Will Roberson"!! As others have said the string loop is pulling from the center of the arrow. I also tie a set of 10 knots below and 4 knots above nock sets. Then I tie my loop on the outside of these, if I ever need to change my loop my set is there. I also tie the set spread a 1/32" wider than the arrow nock, so as to not have any nock pinch. I can safty draw and let back down without the arrow coming off the string.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte23 View Post
        I had one put on by an archery shop and it came untied about ten days later. I had the same shop retie it and was just to paranoid about it coming untied again so I replaced it with one of those metal loops that you attach with little screws. The jury is still out on whether or not it is as good as a string loop though. And yes I did punch myself in the nose when the first loop let go.
        I was having problems with my release and did the same thing, I had a fat lip lol

Comment

Originally posted by 3children View Post
          Metal loop=NO! String loop=yes! The metal loop is a quick fix for those that do not know how to tie, maybe your shop needs to start installing those! They are bad news if you have the screws get loose, and they do!! A flying metal frisbee!! "Danger Will Roberson"!! As others have said the string loop is pulling from the center of the arrow. I also tie a set of 10 knots below and 4 knots above nock sets. Then I tie my loop on the outside of these, if I ever need to change my loop my set is there. I also tie the set spread a 1/32" wider than the arrow nock, so as to not have any nock pinch. I can safty draw and let back down without the arrow coming off the string.

I'm a little confused with the knot part of this response. Are you tieing knots with serving material? Do you also have a brass knock set? I've tied a loop on another bow and it held fine but the draw weight was much less than what I shoot now. And yes my bow got louder after I installed the metal loop.

Comment

Originally posted by mnsmokepole View Post
            If the D loop is put on right it should not come off.
            Should not. I have replaced several D loops for customers that have come off, come untied, or broke. There are good and bad points to D Loops.

I don't shoot one, looks like just something else to go wrong.

Comment

This is what my D loop setup looks like. It centers the release directly behind the arrow shaft. This is a demo photo pay no attention to the short center serving above the top knot.
              Attached Files

Comment

Like the pic from JBS, I tie a 10 knot nock below the arrow and a 4 knot tie above the arrow, with a gap of 1/32" or so then tie on the outside of those nocks. The reason for the gap is for no nock pinch on the let down. The reason for more ties on the bottom is the arrow being pushed from the back has some downward force on the rest.

Comment

In my opinion a D-loop is a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by 3children View Post
                    Like the pic from JBS, I tie a 10 knot nock below the arrow and a 4 knot tie above the arrow, with a gap of 1/32" or so then tie on the outside of those nocks. The reason for the gap is for no nock pinch on the let down. The reason for more ties on the bottom is the arrow being pushed from the back has some downward force on the rest.
                    3children

Can you give me a description of how to tie a knot nock and what material to use? That set up looks really good. I'd like to try it out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafitte23 View Post
                      3children

Can you give me a description of how to tie a knot nock and what material to use? That set up looks really good. I'd like to try it out this weekend.
                      Here is some helpful info, and were the Demo photo came from. I hope this will help you out friend.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JBS View Post
                        Here is some helpful info, and were the Demo photo came from. I hope this will help you out friend.
                        Thanks! I had done a quick youtube search and came up with nothing.

Comment

d loops are the way to go and they are super simple to install. right on the back of every package!

Comment

Here this might help: first is the granny, second the gap, and third is finished.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome illustration! What type of serving do you use for the knots? The article JBS posted recommended 3D serving from BCY as well as BCY loop material. Also I saw a video on youtube demonstrating how to tie a loop. He waxed the heck out of the loop material before tying claiming that it helps the knot cinch on itself better. Anyone do it this way? Forgot to ask...is there any threat of the knots sliding up or down on the string?
                              Last edited by Lafitte23; 03-12-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Hey great post!
                                This is new to me also,just started shooting a release after 30 yrs
                                of shooting with fingers.
                                Ernie

Comment

Working...
                                X