Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Bows..

Hello everyone!

My friend and I are currently getting into bow hunting. I have a hand me down from my Grandfather that is a very old Bear. Its labeled bear blacktail hunter. I was curious what is a good 37" teardrop string and possibly a nice site to check out prices.

Thanks everyone and I hope to share my bow hunting soon on this site!

Tru Glo have some good sights for around $50 and you should be able to get a string for under $20.

Comment

it might be hard to find a string for an old bow like what you have, there are some folks on this site that can make you a custom string for it or point you in that direction..

Comment

Vapor Trail makes some pretty good strings and they ship pretty fast also. You just tell them what you need and they make it. I want to say that it will be around $30. www.vaportrailarchery.com

Comment

The old bows with tear drops us a B-50 material at around $9.99 each

Comment

I was to impatient! I found some teardrop strings for around $5 through google. Should I not trust those? I appreciate all the help fellows.

Comment

That is what I grew up hunting with...back in the late 80's-early 90s. Welcome to the sport

Originally posted by TexasBoy View Post
              Hello everyone!

My friend and I are currently getting into bow hunting. I have a hand me down from my Grandfather that is a very old Bear. Its labeled bear blacktail hunter. I was curious what is a good 37" teardrop string and possibly a nice site to check out prices.

Thanks everyone and I hope to share my bow hunting soon on this site!

Comment

Ok the strings I ended up purchasing are J&D Custom Strings/ Dacron Compound. I coudn't find any reviews over them, but have not had enough time to look in detail. Thanks for all the support, I'm looking forward to get all this ready!

Comment

Man...

Hard call, I think I'd want to save that one for nostalgic reasons.

Lots of today's archers cut their proverbial teeth on bows like the Bear Blacktail and Whitetail hunter.

If I still had either of mine, it's be in a case somewhere.

Nice find.

Comment

Alright just got my new strings put on today and a TruGlo limb saver stablizer put on. I was very disappointed with the loop that BassPro put on, due to the fact that it came unravel not even after 7 shots.

I kept shooting high out about 15 yards. I got to where I was able to hit the box constantly, now I have to narrow that down to the targets on the box haha.

Out of curiousity, would it be possible and/or worth it to drill through and install a whisker buscuit?

Thanks again yall!

Comment

Working...
                    X