Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about Matthews bows... which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking about Matthews bows... which one?

currently shoot a Diamond Black Ice and like it a lot. just have always had a hankerin' for a Matthews. shot the DXT and the Drenalin once and they were mighty smooth. and a bit out of my price range. got a better budget situation and am thinking about moving up to Matthews. but there are so many models!

would like some info from guys who own Matthews bows and shoot them AND LIKE THEM. don't need all the "____ is better" or "you ought to be looking at a _____." start your own thread! I'm interested in info about Matthews bows from Matthews guys not a flame war about which bow is best.

so ... tell me what you know about the older Matthews - switchback and outback, I think?

I also see (and am probably more likely to buy) a lot of Drenalins and DXTs for sale and even Drenalin LDs. then there are Monsters (in three flavors), Reezens and the new Z7. what's the difference, what's better, best, etc?

I'm a straight deer hunter. don't care to shoot targets except to get ready for deer season. want the best bow for sitting in a tree taking white tails. I love that my Diamond Black Ice does not creep on me. once I'm drawn it is so "set" that I feel like I could hand it to someone else and it'd stay at full drawn. that's really nice when you have to wait to shoot. I'm not a speed freak, I'm an accuracy freak and a comfortable, smooth, quiet bow freak. only draw 60 pounds on my Black Ice. 29" draw.

any and all advice ABOUT MATTHEWS BOWS greatly appreciated. only have two seasons of bow hunting under my belt and could use some tips and advice on this next bow.

I tell ya I just bought the Z7 and it is a awesome piece of weaponry. Smoothest drawing, shooting bow I've ever shot. Fast too. I shot the new Monsters but I feel someone with a longer draw would find it more appealing.

Comment

each person will have an opinion on which Mathews bow fits them best

go shoot each model and let the bow pick you

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        each person will have an opinion on which Mathews bow fits them best

go shoot each model and let the bow pick you
        yep. I chose the DXT

Comment

I would say with a budget to follow that if you really like the black ice you'll really like a used Drenalin or DXT...

I shoot a 60lb Drenalin.....being more about comfort and the ease of draw in front of game versus the usual speed freaks, I love the bow. Will be hard to give it up if I ever do decide to get another one. It fits me well in all temperatures.

I've read nothing but good things about the Z-7 if you are looking new......
          Last edited by Smart; 02-21-2010, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Im going to pick up my new Z7 in the morning!!!

Comment

I shoot a SB XT and love it. Have shot an Outback but the XT was/is the best of all worlds. IMO Great draw cycle, easy to aim, little to no hand shock and very accurate.
              I shot one of the new Z7s about a week ago and it is a great bow. Somewhat harder draw but smoking fast and absolutely no hand shock. I held several new bows and Fay would hit them with his knuckle and most had some vibration in the riser. Except that Z7. None...

Comment

i owned both the dxt and reezen and loved both.

Comment

prolly can't get to that z7. those used drenalins and dxts have attracted my interest though... comments on those bows?

Comment

my dad swears by his DXT if that helps... I have shot it and it is a great bow

Comment

you can make that dxt quiet real quiet

Comment

Originally posted by Mark44 View Post
                        prolly can't get to that z7. those used drenalins and dxts have attracted my interest though... comments on those bows?
                        i wanted a short axle to axle smooth quiet shooting bow....( I dont care about speed so i dont know how it compares to others in this department) So i shot the DXT and loved it and bought it. Glad i did. I give it

Comment

I have a Switchback XT, DXT and a Z7.The xt is a great all around bow smooth,fast and quiet.The DXT is a short light bow that is quiet not quite the speed I like but it is great in tight places.The Z7 is smooth,quiet,fast and light.The Z7 is my favorite out of the 3 bows because it seems to have all the pros the other 2 have in one bow.

Comment

I shoot a Drenalin @ 67lbs w/27.5 DL. I've shot newer models and like them all, but can't justify buying a new bow for a couple of FPS more.

When I switched to shooting Mathews, it took a little time for me to get used to the factory grip. Not sure what it was? I could shoot tight groups one day and be all over the board the next. I'm good to go now. I practice out to 70 yards with my set up and have a ton of confidence in it. Probably nothing to do with the bow and everything between my ears.

Good Luck! Hope you find what you're looking for.

Comment

I shoot a Switchback XT and love it. Its definitely the smoothest drawing, quietest and most forgiving bow I have ever shot. My brother has a drenalin and it is very similar to the switchback xt, I think the only difference is its about 1lb.lighter and maybe a few fps faster. If your ever in the east tx area PM me and ill let you shoot mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X