Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about Matthews bows... which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haveowned and shot every bow mathews has produced since 1996 and curently have a drenlin and Z-7 and the Z-7 is by far the best one I have owend to date and the Drenlin is right there with it if looking at used.

Comment

I have a DXT can't beat it in stand or pop up.

Comment

you have to buy new cams to change draw length on a Matthews? is that correct? can you dial down the pounds w/o a cam?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark44 View Post
          you have to buy new cams to change draw length on a Matthews? is that correct? can you dial down the pounds w/o a cam?
          Yes, you can crank it up or down with the limb bolts. You do change the draw length by changing cams.

By the way, A2A just comes down to what you like. Some people feel the longer A2A is more forgiving, or more accurate, or maybe they are just more comfortable with it. My experience is that the short A2A of the DXT was one of the things that made it so sweet. I can't see how I could have shot a bow better. I found the DXT to be a joy to shoot, and it was magic in a popup blind. I kind of have to look up with my XLR8 and I don't really like that.

Comment

[QUOTE=ballisticbudda;2294851]The only way to buy a bow,

Almost.

I would try them all,

All brands that is. Not just a name.

Comment

buy a Matthews u can't loose.. There all trying to catch us

Comment

[quote=VorTexan;2296973]
                Originally posted by ballisticbudda View Post
                The only way to buy a bow,

Almost.

I would try them all,

All brands that is. Not just a name.
                didn't read the original post did he?

Comment

I shoot a Drenalin and wouldn't trade it for anything!

Comment

Drenalin are good bows bought mine when they first came out it was my first new bow after being out of archery for several years. I still have it I also have a monster xlr8, reezen 6.5 but they are not as smooth as the drenalin but they are still great bows especially for speed I now have added a Limited Edition Z7 to my collection reminds me of the drenalin just faster. Nephew owns a DXT and loves it. Drenalin or Dxt shoot both and decide for yourself cant go wrong with either one.

Comment

Just buy one of each, then you can shoot whichever bow you want.

Comment

I Just shot the z7 and I liked my reezen 6.5 way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark44 View Post
                          thanks very much - this has all been very helpful.

would like to hear more about axel to axel - A2A as some put it. is longer better? how does this affect how a bow shoots, feels, draws, etc?
                          I think the A2A depends on a personal feel.

I am 5'4", so shooting a 33-34" bow just makes me look silly, and it is hard for me to balance. I shoot a DXT (26"@60lbs) and it flys, I honestly don't feel the need to upgrade.

I think it is true with all bows that you will find one to fit you. A shorter bow works for me because I feel it is more versitle.

The SB XT was follwed nicely by the DXT, who was followed and improved with the Z7. I don't think you cann go wrong in anyway with a Single Cam Mathews.... (not trying to harp on the dual-cam, because I am a total Mathews fan) But I feel that is Mathew's shine on the single cam models.

(unless you are into the speed game, in that case it is a different thread....)

I don't think you can go wrong buying an older Mathews that fits you. Don't feel the need to go out and rig up a new one just because, give the older models a chance (there is a reason they are still around being talked about)

Comment

i've been a bowtech man for five years and I bought the z7. 28 inch draw at 64lbs and I'm getting 277 fps.

my admiral at 61 lbs and the exact same arrow is giving me 258 fps, has a much harsher draw. Same brace and a2a.

z7 all the way

Comment

I shot the Z7, DXT, and Reezen 7.0 back to back the other day. The Z7 was like a mix of both bows smooth like the dxt and fast like the reezen, they all retailed for the same price. Thjat says alot about the dxt, its been around for a couple years and still sells like the newest best thing. Personally im gonna have to check into a used dxt but for now i've got my eye set on that Z7.

Comment

Go to Smithfield Archery and shoot all the new models. you can shoot as long as you want and TRY THEM ALL. You will know what feels best after that. Speed isn't everything but if it is real fast you could shoot a lower poundage which means you hold less poundage. That's always an advantage when game hangs up and you have to wait a little.

Comment

Working...
                                X