Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

post your feeder design/pics....i need some ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post your feeder design/pics....i need some ideas?

gettin ready to make a few new feeders, any of yall have any pics/designs? thanks!

i am building one as we speak out of a 95 gallon over pack i will post you a picture tomorrow

Comment

here is a couple pictures. i have not put the timer on it yet.

Comment

Looks good, Kevin! Why don't you leave it out front and I'll come by after dark while you're out on patrol and take it off your hands. LOL!

Comment

come on gold. i guess you did not see the lock on in the magnolia tree.

plus with all those HIGH dollar leases you have why would you want my cheap feeder.

Comment

Where do you get one of those over pack things? What are they used for?

Comment

they are used to put a 55 gallon drum in when they spring a leak. as far as getting them i told a friend i need one and he got me two so i am not sure where to get them other tahn through him.

Comment

my dad works in the oilfeild and got me a big ole drum from a chemical they used with a locking lid on it, we welded some pipe to the sides and i put an allseasons spinner on it and it is going to get its first feild test soon on our new lease. total i spent 129 and that was all on the spinner. its heavy duty , a little bit of a pian to carry around since it is so heavy but i hear they work great and looks like any other top of the line feeder out there and it was made in a garage by a bunch of rednecks

Comment

found my pic of my home made protein feeder 85 barrel,conduit legs,sweeney tube,also put a galvanized lid(not shown) and used some old trampoline springs to hold it down,(mounted to top of barrell in pic)works great so far...

Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 03-20-2007, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Whitetail, do u use uni-strut on the legs where the pipe sllides on?

Comment

Here is one of our big ones. I hate cranking it up.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	libbytbh.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	23823883

Comment

Thats one hell of a feeder right there!!! The crank is the way to go!!-Mike-

Comment

Don't ever drop a bag of corn in it though!

Comment

Feathermax yes it's 3 pieces of uni -strut, only real expense was galvanized funnel and lid and the Sweeney tube system (50-75 more lbs) w/ sight glass and Krylon paint..WHEN I build my next 1 it will be with the same Sweeney tube system it's huge, freaked me out when it came in the box..Plus they don't charge for shipping..mmmmm..that's family run co.for ya.

Comment

***, thanks for the response! I can get my hands on uni-strut pretty easy

Comment

Working...
                              X