Folder Knife - did something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folder Knife - did something

Well I did something this weekend and had a blast hanging out with a knifemaking mentor and friend. We spent 3 very full days locked up in a shop and worked through 40 hours of conversation, designing, theories, dreaming and making. What a blast!!! Below are a few pics and looking forward to sharing future builds as they come.

In a nutshell, we designed and built the following with titanium hardware and jeweled the inside of the liners then anodized them all blue to try and make it pop with the fossilized mammoth tusk. Backspacer bar was a piece of copper damascus and blade was stainless damascus. The action is more smooth than i could have imagined after working the race with 14 ball bearings. Topped with a swedge and a thumbstud with inlayed mammoth i came across about 10 years ago. Sent the shaped bolsters over to a friend for engraving and will share back when that returns. Made up a little sheath for it to boot...exhausted haaa! Can't believe we stuck it out honestly but worth it i believe.
    Attached Files

folded profile pic
    Attached Files

Comment

That is absolutely phenomenal Brian! Wow!

Comment

I'd defanantly fall for something like that! Nice work sir!

Comment

That is jaw dropping work…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Awesome work!!!

Comment

Wow! looks great

Comment

Wow that is nice

Comment

Your definitely a master blade smith, always enjoy seeing your handiwork on your knives.

Comment

Those of us that have followed Brian since the beginning have seen his growth as a blade smith. It’s an incredible journey, just when I think he’s at the top of the game he goes and raises his bar even higher. Congratulations on an awesome knife. I can’t wait to see it finished

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        That is absolutely phenomenal Brian! Wow!
                        Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        I'd defanantly fall for something like that! Nice work sir!
                        Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        That is jaw dropping work…

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        Those of us that have followed Brian since the beginning have seen his growth as a blade smith. It’s an incredible journey, just when I think he’s at the top of the game he goes and raises his bar even higher. Congratulations on an awesome knife. I can’t wait to see it finished
                        Thank you guys. Really appreciate the response and encouragement. In this “craft” there’s not much of a financial reason to make them but there is the sense of achievement when one comes out like you hope and feels great to know some of these might travel mountains and adventures then be handed down to a child. Can’t say thanks enough!

Comment

Wow! You are blessed with a special talent. Excellent work.

Comment

This is in a little pouch I made for it
                            Attached Files

Comment

The coolness is in the details!!

Beautifull knife sir

Comment

Working...
                              X