Cleaning condenser coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning condenser coils

I need to clean the coils on my units. Does anyone have a coil cleaner they recommend or can I use something like simple green?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

They make coil cleaners. You can find them at the big box stores or online.

I use the foaming type partnered with a water rinse off.

Comment

I just use a light brush and a good shop vac...seems to work

Comment

Water hose and am airhose should do the trick if it's not caked on.

Comment

Best is the foaming coil cleaner you buy at the HVAC places. I buy some that is Yellow in color. If foams up and you can sit and watch it push out the dirt in the foam.

Works great on Radiators as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
            Best is the foaming coil cleaner you buy at the HVAC places. I buy some that is Yellow in color. If foams up and you can sit and watch it push out the dirt in the foam.

Works great on Radiators as well.
            Will the hvac places sell to me if I'm not a licensed? I just need to foaming cleaner and maybe a spare capacitor.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
              Will the hvac places sell to me if I'm not a licensed? I just need to foaming cleaner and maybe a spare capacitor.

Yes. Freon in bulk is the only thing you would need a license to purchase I believe.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post

Just act confident and if they give you any grief just ask them to do it as a cash sale (maybe under someone else's account wink wink.)

Comment

Capacitor you can get no problem. Refrigerant you won't unless licensed.

Comment

Just use water. If cleaning chemicals are not fully rinsed off they will cause more issues and attract more dirt.

Comment

I was having issues with my AC not cooling well and was told to try washing the coils. Just used the hose with the jet stream from my nozzle and started at the top and worked down on each section. Was surprised how much dirt came out and it made a bid difference.

Comment

Lots of YouTubes on it. Good PSA

Comment

For condenser coils, just use a water hose. Lift the fan and go from the inside out first, then outside from top down. For the capacitor, get a Turbo 200 off Amazon.

Comment

When using water, make sure you aren’t using so much pressure that you bend the fins on the coils.

Comment

I asked the AC guy installing my new unit (new house) if he recommended just taking the top off to spray it outward. I had done this countless times in one of my other houses. He quickly said “if you do, it’ll void your warranty”, the said “just spray top down from the outside”.

Comment

Working...
                              X