Ammo storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo storage

I got bored and built this when COVID made its appearance. Midway has a deal on ammo cans with cheap shipping and I bought these, but it's still not enough.

Time to build another one and Harbor Freight has 50 cal ammo cans on sale. Each can gets a rechargeable 40 gram desiccant pack inside.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Nice Looking

Comment

That's a heavy B right there, but you built it stout, I like it.
      I started putting oxygen absorbers in mine as well to keep any of it from tarnishing.
      Cheap on Amazon, just some food for thought.

Comment

i like it !

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
          That's a heavy B right there, but you built it stout, I like it.
          I started putting oxygen absorbers in mine as well to keep any of it from tarnishing.
          Cheap on Amazon, just some food for thought.
          Doesn't take up much room. I use to keep ammo in my safe but that started taking up too much space and I went to using ammo cans for everything. If I can find a source for the tall ammo cans reloading components will be stored this way as well.

Comment

Mind sharing dimensions?

I need something similar. Wife is tired of closet floors being occupied.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              Mind sharing dimensions?

I need something similar. Wife is tired of closet floors being occupied.
              https://1withabullet.wordpress.com/2...shelf-project/

Comment

Very nice! Does each can represent a different caliber/cartridge or do you just have that much ammo on hand? Also do the ammo cans still have the rubber seals? I tried some larger rechargeable desiccant packs placed in a safe some years ago, but they lasted less than a week before needing recharging. This was in south La though, but still inside an AC home.

Comment

Originally posted by McClain View Post
                  Very nice! Does each can represent a different caliber/cartridge or do you just have that much ammo on hand? Also do the ammo cans still have the rubber seals? I tried some larger rechargeable desiccant packs placed in a safe some years ago, but they lasted less than a week before needing recharging. This was in south La though, but still inside an AC home.
                  Most of the cans contain a single caliber. Some of are full of bullets for reloading, mainly 55gr SP and 62gr FMJ. But they're all full so I'm getting more cans and building another rack.

I haven't had an issue with the rubber seals on these. I recharged the desiccant packs in the oven a few months ago, so I got almost 3 years before they needed it.

Comment

I like the setup! I have a smaller stack-on strictly for ammo storage. 9mm,5.56,308. nice idea!

Comment

I like the idea and the desiccant packs but aren't the ammo cans sealed?

Comment

typically they have rubber seals but from my understanding that is more protecting against other elements like dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by andre3k View Post
                          I got bored and built this when COVID made its appearance. Midway has a deal on ammo cans with cheap shipping and I bought these, but it's still not enough.

Time to build another one and Harbor Freight has 50 cal ammo cans on sale. Each can gets a rechargeable 40 gram desiccant pack inside.

I would also look at labeling the cans on the outside especially the ones on the top of your nice stand! awesome work man!

Comment

I wish I needed that much ammo storage haha

Comment

Working...
                            X