Building my river resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building my river resort

Some DIY here (not the pool) and I thought I’d share some of the process. Doing all I can to build this place up to feel like I’m on vacation every afternoon.

First up, converting the unused and ugly courtyard into a putting green. Got the mulch/dirt excavated. Set initial layer of crushed granite, leveled and compacted. Waiting on the synthetic grass to come in now.

Back of the house is getting this.

Hard to watch this process. Each sub creates more mess and destruction. My builder came highly recommended so I trust everything will look pristine in the end. Excavation started way sooner than I thought and I was out of town. No time to prep and all of my irrigation system in the back was destroyed. Got my sprinkler guy coming today to button up and salvage at least the front yard zones.

Tile and coping started yesterday.

About to start demo (me) on old, cracked flagstone patio and sidewalk in the side yard that the original owner probably DIY'ed. Will have the pool deck sub match the deck concrete there. Eventually I'll add a self-contained 4 or 6 person spa there. That is all I really wanted but wife is getting the pool she wanted first. Gotta keep Mama happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TexaRican; 04-07-2023, 07:52 AM.

That's going to be really nice. Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

I was hoping to see a full-blown lazy river going around the house, but I do spy the brazos in the background and see where the "river" part of the resort comes from. Looks good so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Kev View Post
        I was hoping to see a full-blown lazy river going around the house, but I do spy the brazos in the background and see where the "river" part of the resort comes from. Looks good so far!
        Ha! No budget for that unfortunately. We do tube the river every now and then when the flow is good. Been terrible since the drought last summer and they have not opened a gate on Granbury in months beyond the normal 19cfs.

Comment

This looks great!!

Comment

Will look great!

Comment

Looking good

Comment

In for the progress pics. Congrats on your place! it looks like an awesome place to hang out.

Comment

Stone guys are killing it.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

You will enjoy that!

Comment

I took out the peach tree today. It didn’t produce the last 2 seasons and was complicating plans for the iron fencing plus I didn’t like it hanging over the pool. Got it done with a 36volt makita chainsaw and used my golf cart to rope off and try to make it fall down the slope. Got halfway there and it fell on the pool but softly. At least I didn’t break any windows and saved myself a chunk of change on DIY.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

All my St. Augustine sod installed last year is trashed. Wondering if if there is a seed grass like perphaps zoysia that I can spread on all this red dirt to beat the weeds coming in?

All that green down below is deceptive. It’s native whatever and as soon as we get hot, it will yellow up. I don’t have irrigation down that far.

Pool deck will extend pretty far over on that right side.

Comment

Check that pool dirt for arrowheads. That rise right by the river is almost certainly an Indian site.

Comment

Working...
                              X