Rifle camo paint project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmack View Post
    I really stepped out of my comfort zone. But once done, I was like "What else can I paint?!?"
    Am I addicted?!?!
    I didn't have much to do this afternoon so I made another camo project! It was an older metal coozie that most of the black paint had peeled off of. I finished off the remaining black, then sanded it down, sprayed some green, sprayed some tan with a few sets of leaves from some weeds in the yard, and then I finished it off with black marble & clear!

Time for a beer!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kmack; 09-07-2023, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Durn son I like it. May have to do that to my yeti koozie

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
        It was an older metal koozie that most of the black paint had peeled off of.
        6 month update on the paint work (at least for the koozie)....

This was the previous condition of the black paint before. Most of that paint work was coming off due to the stainless cup holders in our couch. It scratched up the koozie pretty good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ADCreHfpvzG449r8e-3PMN8AQRqWq__k-wUHqeDeN6Oqiz3SDnAGtbXYnJhgha_CMMCH6xH7-SiHn2Wr7XgTs1EyOKbCyrMDTRTvIekQDsrerIN4s1bnsWm4=w2400.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	428.8 KB
ID:	26623235

Now for the current status. There are two very small circles near the bottom, each about 1/16" in dia.

Name:	ADCreHcoXiLkZ0VVEcfQl1OKvyl70v_RVwQJF5qG3fcvKcKrtptxH3_ONF_qCP748a-hNf0tLy503clRi6Wp6wvb8JLcDUEfs2NjZZK5NZf5lhzifqqHBJUE=w2400.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	26623236

Some small missing spots on the bottom...

Name:	ADCreHfDDGfzR4HN3arnmKVfD70i-zCoLOQvpG6j9w6Bo9F_JniJc21y7CF0EzeDk8zHRYPm0S8tix0V-qndoESyr7vWk-GNK57HoDfyuFZwufVMeUbKtTmL=w2400.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	26623237

And one more small spot at the top just under the lip of the screw-on top portion.

Name:	ADCreHdcOAFCm2ZvpKCPMKCXFrl-H_SZMa8YjfMFrJBT2_S_mymEOaFD81_Mw3Io0ctrhBeR2O4Mseva2eFIHMXnJPtL7s07gSZY7BL130cAbFCCMBjQGo-T=w2400.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	193.7 KB
ID:	26623238

That's it! And this koozie gets used darn near every day in the same stainless cup holders of our couch, along with drink duty out in the garage. I was expecting much more wear along the bottom, but it's just not there.

Color me highly impressed with how this paint has held up over the last 6 months.
        Makes me feel even better about the durability of the paint work on the rifle!

Comment

Excellent work!

Comment

that looks great, wont the paint scratch off on the rifle pretty easily though?

Comment

I've been reasonably rough with the koozie, and it's held up pretty good. I don't ever plan to be THAT rough with the rifle, but then again I look at this one as a utility rifle. It's not gonna be a show-stopper the rest of its life. And I can touch it up pretty easily.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Man that is some top shelf rattle can camo right there!!!!!!!!

Comment

Appreciate that! ^
                    There are some things I would do different if I did another one (the koozie that is). The gun I like. The koozie turned out “okay” but not great. But it has been a solid paint job.

Comment

Very nice work!!!!

Comment

I guess I missed this, you surely did a great job painting the rifle !

Comment

Thank you all for the comments, means a lot!

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

That looks great-so where do I send my gun too?

Comment

Thanks, but currently paint jobs are all on backorder!

Comment

Working...
                                X