X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was the model number on the flashlight

Comment

Questions about the light:
      1. What size threaded post/rod do I need to attach to the riser to screw were the stabilizer goes?

2. So the light was to be in the "on" position first?

Comment

Originally posted by riley05 View Post
        Don't remember the model #, but I think it was the 85 lumen light.

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
        1. What size threaded post/rod do I need to attach to the riser to screw were the stabilizer goes? 5/16-24, I think I used a 1" long bolt, maybe 1 1/4"

2. So the light was to be in the "on" position first? If using the tact switch, as long as you put the 2 leads on the same side of the switch you will be ok. But the switch won't work if the factory button is in the off position on the light, it has to be on for the switch you install to work. I'm not sure if that answers you question.

Comment

Originally posted by riley05 View Post
          Just look at the pictures its a Coleman flashlight that comes with a red and blue lens.

Comment

1. What size threaded post/rod do I need to attach to the riser to screw were the stabilizer goes?

2. So the light was to be in the "on" position first?
            5/16 and make sure its the fine thread (5/16-24)

as far as your other question just build it and if it does not turn on with the pressure switch press the on/off button in to eliminate one of your trouble shooting possibilites.

Comment

As far as the tact switches, are yall using the surface mounts varients? I guess it don't really matter, but Id like to have a switch as close to my old hog lite as possible.

Comment

Great write up! I'm going to be attempting my own variation this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

As far as the tact switches, are yall using the surface mounts varients? I guess it don't really matter, but Id like to have a switch as close to my old hog lite as possible.

Take a look at my post #63 and stuntriderant's post #72. I'm pretty sure we both used the same tact switch and from what I saw at the Radio Shack by my house it was the closet thing available to a flush mount. We both put the switch in a heat shrink sleeve, but I left mine open on the end and he didn't. When I get home tomorrow I will try to remember to take a look at the package the switch came in and get the part # for you. I plan on putting a strip of velcro on the back of it and the other side on the back of my riser, but I haven't done it yet.

Comment

Just finished mine and I must say that it's nowhere near as bright as I thought. Mine looks good out to maybe 15 yards. gonna try new batts. Anything else I'm missing?

Comment

Just finished mine and I must say that it's nowhere near as bright as I thought. Mine looks good out to maybe 15 yards. gonna try new batts. Anything else I'm missing?
                      Did you get the same Coleman light as shown in the pictures? I bought one of these lights a while back and it is hands down the best light I have ever owned. Mine will cast one heck of a beam and I am not ashamed of praising this light! When I first got mine my wife got tired of me telling everyone that I know how great it is. Have you tried fresh batteries yet?

Comment

Originally posted by EnW View Post
                        Did you get the same Coleman light as shown in the pictures? I bought one of these lights a while back and it is hands down the best light I have ever owned. Mine will cast one heck of a beam and I am not ashamed of praising this light! When I first got mine my wife got tired of me telling everyone that I know how great it is. Have you tried fresh batteries yet?
                        x2, its a bright sucker. i actually just now walked back in from outside shooting with it, art 40 yards it lights it up really good with the red lense. i mean, when i say bright i mean bright enough to see the entire animal but not light enough to spook anything. try some new lithium batteries

Comment

The light has got to be 117 lumes. Its the coleman version and runs about 19.99 at wally world. I have normal batteries and mine is super bright up too about 75 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                            The light has got to be 117 lumes. Its the coleman version and runs about 19.99 at wally world. I have normal batteries and mine is super bright up too about 75 yards.
                            the coleman I bought looks just like yall's and it says it's 75 lumens good out to 117 meters or so.....

Comment

I'm gonna take it to the lab today and measure the lumens. IF it don't measure up to the 75 lumens, I'm gonna maybe change out the wiring. I was suspect of the wiring I used that has some fibers or sumthing innerwoven with the copper stands.

Comment

OK fixed it! The wiring I used had this fiber crap in it. I rewired it and man that sucker is bright! I measured it at work and came up with 69.14 ftcandle @ 9 feet w/no red lense compared to 3.33 ftcandle @ 9 ft w/no red lense before the rewiring. The measurments where made on a photonmeter. What a difference.....

Comment

Working...
                                X