DIY---- Hog Light (Stabalizer Light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
    Im making one of these tonight so im sure ill be on here with some "what do I do now" questions...lol.....has anyone used it in the field yet?
    yes, but no hogs showed up

Comment

Great ideas. I will have to make one for me.

Comment

I re-worked a couple of things on mine today. I changed out the switch from a lever style to a tach switch and re-worked the solder on the spring and positive connection and I am very happy with the way it came out. I put the switch inside heat shrink and heated the area around the wire and the part on the switch just enough that it doesn't press the button. When I did the soldering the second time I used a very fine solder, .022", and it made a world of difference. Worked much better. The light isn't quite as bright as I would like, but none are when you add the red filter. I might see if I can upgrade the bulb to a brighter bulb with more lumens. jOnly thing I have left is add a piece of velco to the switch and to the back of the riser on my bow. After painting it black I decided to add a little flare to it. I painted it in OD green then picked a marigold stem from the flower bed and added a little camo, just in case.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jared_bays; 06-02-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

looks good!

Comment

I finished mine last night and it works great, great post... I'm gonna build one for my s-i-l and for one of my huntin buddies

thanks guys

Comment

thats sweet how much did it cost you all together

Comment

Originally posted by zappmaster View Post
                under $30, unless you use an a-bomb or somthing of the such

Comment

This is a great post, I finished mine last night and it works great... I'm gonna do one for my S-I-L and another one for a huntin buddy.

thanks for the guidance

Comment

Originally posted by zappmaster View Post

Total cost of mine was just over $40. And that's only because I didn't have a soldering iron or solder. Iron was like $9 and solder was about $3 or $4. I also bought 3 different switches to see which one worked best and the were $3 per package. Now that I have the equipment and 3 extra tach switches, nuts, bolts & washers I could build 3 more for the cost of the light and the cord, less than $25.

Comment

Finally built one. This thing is awesome!! Now if I can only find a place to shoot some pigs with it.

Comment

im just glad i was finally able to contribute something to the forum

Comment

I got some square velcro squares to attach. Used the same small tac switch. Got a big piece of shrink wrap, cut out a piece of hard flat plastic to fit in the shrink wrap, put the plastic in the shrink wrap slid the switch in the shrink wrap over the plastic and shrunk the ends holding the plastic and button in there. That makes a bigger platform for you velcro and makes your button more sensitive.

Comment

Im gettin ready to put in in action tonight yotes hogs and kittys!!! Ill post with ldps later.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                              Im gettin ready to put in in action tonight yotes hogs and kittys!!! Ill post with ldps later.
                              nice addition, dang....wish i could go hunting tonight

Comment

Hey wes!!!!!!! The light worked buddy!!!! I smoked a pig with it!!! Man it worked perfect and i used the normal light with no lens!!

Comment

Working...
                                X