No announcement yet.

DIY---- Hog Light (Stabalizer Light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like you have a normaly closed switch or you have the wires crosed. the LED light will not operate that way.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      Yes. I have one of each, the one I made with just the bolt and no pressure switch has the added benefit of being able to use it like a normal flash light.
      so whats the point of ever having a pressure switch? ease of turning it on and off when you dont want it on?

i have never liked pressure switches much in the past

Comment

Are you selling these light any where

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
          so whats the point of ever having a pressure switch? ease of turning it on and off when you dont want it on?

i have never liked pressure switches much in the past
          if you dont want the pressure switch...then dont make it with it. a lot of people like to draw...then turn the light on

Originally posted by Carson Koen View Post
          Are you selling these light any where
          no....why?

Comment

bad ***

Comment

I made one last night, used the same coleman flashlight, my switch from radioshack didnt work(it had 4 prongs) got one with 2 and it worked like a charm, took less than 20 minutes but i didnt paint mine

Comment

Thanks for this...you just saved me a lot of money.

Comment

I made two yesterday. Made a couple changes...but nothing that would merit showing.

Comment

I am a little confused of where to put the wirs on the battery housing. Can someone please post a pic of where they go ???

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      I made two yesterday. Made a couple changes...but nothing that would merit showing.

I don't have my light here to take a pic, but I think I can explain it. One wire goes to the silver disc looking thing on the "positive" end of the battery compartment the other wire goes to one of the springs on the "negative" end of the battery compartment.

Comment

Thanks, but i eventually figured it out. I have made 3 of them. One for my dad, one for my friend, and one for myself. Only thing is, soldering is hard!

Comment

Cool, just realized that I quoted the wrong post. Guess I was a little tired at the time, lol.

Comment

Made one this afternoon, just need to get me a bolt from lowes tomorrow.

I had a fellow TBHr send me a couple of those tiny switches from radio shack. Dad is an electrician so I got him to help me with the switch. We tested the switch with a meter and if you have the one that has 4 prongs we figured out that you have to use the prongs that are beside each other not the ones on the opposite sides.

I also had a 1" piece of heat shrink that was large enough to slip over the switch. I cut a small hole in the heat shrink to allow the switch button to poke through, gonna add a piece of velcro to the heat shrink and the opposite part to the bow.

I put the game camera on the feeder and those pigs had better watch out once I figure out what time they are hitting it.

One question I had is that I saw lithium suggested, does this make the light any brighter or just last longer?

Comment

One question I had is that I saw lithium suggested, does this make the light any brighter or just last longer?
                              both

Comment

Good idea and the light looked great. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X