No announcement yet.

DIY---- Hog Light (Stabalizer Light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

works good only i have to make a way to see my peep sight cant tell if im lookin through or beside it in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by slick head View Post
      works good only i have to make a way to see my peep sight cant tell if im lookin through or beside it in the dark
      Anchor points.

Comment

I fixed my peep sight problem by replacing it with a mini string splitter from http://www.stringsplitter.net/ . It made a world of difference from my original peep.

Comment

im def going to have to give this a shot

Comment

Here is my new setup
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks great Shark! What kind of bracket is that? I have a velcro strap type bracket that I used on the red LED light from DE, seems like it'll work but not quite as purdy as your rig and probably not as sturdy either.

Comment

thanks for the info definately going to try

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Looks great Shark! What kind of bracket is that? I have a velcro strap type bracket that I used on the red LED light from DE, seems like it'll work but not quite as purdy as your rig and probably not as sturdy either.

Thanks. I am happy with the look, now just need hogs! Below is where I got the mount. I also ordered the velcro one, but it never came. They said it was on back order. How do you like my home-made camo look?

Comment

Hey I got that mount too, but I put it on a shotgun. I might take it off and see if it fits on my stabilizer instead. Love the camo job, I didn't even recognize the mount because of it.

Originally posted by TEAM SHARK View Post
                    Thanks. I am happy with the look, now just need hogs! Below is where I got the mount. I also ordered the velcro one, but it never came. They said it was on back order. How do you like my home-made camo look?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5819

Comment

I am heading to Wal Mart right now to pick up supplies. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

I was able to recreate this light and it works great! I can't wait to post pics of some of the hogs I get with it. Wes, thanks again for the info on how to make this thing. The only variation I made from your design was to connect it to the bow with rubber bushings sandwiched by washers. I need me one of them A-bomb stabilizers.
                        Last edited by *JD*; 10-07-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

awsome build

Comment

just a question, but whats the point of the pressure switch? couldn't you just mount the light as a stabilizer and use the normal switch??

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                              just a question, but whats the point of the pressure switch? couldn't you just mount the light as a stabilizer and use the normal switch??
                              Yes. I have one of each, the one I made with just the bolt and no pressure switch has the added benefit of being able to use it like a normal flash light.

Comment

Thank's for sharing the good idea , ill be making two this weekend
                                them shame on them night time hogs

Comment

Working...
                                X