DIY---- Hog Light (Stabalizer Light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A monkey crushed mine in shipping! :****(

For those of you who read my big hog down story, yes it is the one i was planning to use. Some monkey at UPS smashed the whole front of it...so I couldnt use it

UPS owes me 50 bucks

Comment

wall mart is back in stock with these lights

Comment

nice job..

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Thx. I ordered a few things from dealextreme.com and added a 4 pack of rechargable 123's and a charger as well and some various mounts for different things (one for the shotgun as well). I could really spend a lot of money on that site if I wasn't currently unemployed.

OK. I took the shortcut also and ordered all of equipment from above. My stuff came to my box in about weeks. I am still waiting for batteries. I ordered some batteries for $1.00/each. I decided not to buy the rechargeable batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM SHARK View Post
            OK. I took the shortcut also and ordered all of equipment from above. My stuff came to my box in about weeks. I am still waiting for batteries. I ordered some batteries for $1.00/each. I decided not to buy the rechargeable batteries.
            The rechargeable batteries I got are a little bigger than the normal CR123's, they work in the light I got from DE okay, but they won't fit in my Surefire Scout Light.

Comment

Made my light on Friday and have to say definately worth making pretty bright and pretty cheap to make. Can't wait to get it into the woods and try it out on some hogs. Thanks for the wonderful thread.

Comment

I've hit hogs now twice with the wal-mart light and red lens installed and they've spooked both times. Are yall's hogs spooking?

Comment

Hey I just got my batteries and put everything together. One question, I was thinking the pressure switch turn the light on and off;however, it only works with pressure (holding the switch). Is this how it is supposed to work or is supposed to turn on and off like a normal switch?

thanks

Comment

Hey I just got my batteries and put everything together. One question, I was thinking the pressure switch turn the light on and off;however, it only works with pressure (holding the switch). Is this how it is supposed to work or is supposed to turn on and off like a normal switch?

thanks
                    Yup gotta hold it down to keep it on.

Comment

Great Job!

Comment

thanks
                        Yes, switch must be pressed down. When you press the pressure switch you are completing the circuit. And when you let off the circuit is interrupted.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          I've hit hogs now twice with the wal-mart light and red lens installed and they've spooked both times. Are yall's hogs spooking?
                          hit the ground first, raise and shoot

Comment

looks good

Comment

Thanks. I hope to try it in a couple of weeks. For those that hunt with a hog light, do you also use lighted nocks? I was wondering whether it was necessary.

Comment

nice project , solid price

Comment

Working...
                                X