No announcement yet.

DIY---- Hog Light (Stabalizer Light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I snapped a couple of pics, but they are fuzzy due to my night shot on the cam. I do not think it's too bright for night hunting. It's more of a spot light vs a flood light. I prefer flood light.

1st no light

2nd coleman with brand new lithium bateries

3rd ultrafire after playing with it quite a bit and not changing bateries

Sorry for the poor pics its hard to hold cam steady and the light in the right spot.

Comment

Srry Dup.

Comment

thanks for the pics

Comment

It works!

Made one today, ran me about 45 bucks...still good. Took me A LONG TIME cus i had never soughtered until now. It gets frustrating. The darn soughter wont leave the iron alone! GRRRRR!

Took about 3 trys to get er working...this thread helped a lot. Once i got to point where i knew the answer to the error was on here, I was solid and could use the thread to finalize and finish.

My only regret is that I didnt do this sooner! Just in time though, headed off to shoot da piggies next wed! I'm gonna get 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nman77 View Post
            My only regret is that I didnt do this sooner!
            AMEN to that.......... GOOD HUNTIN'

post some pics when U get back.

Comment

Hey stxhunter, how long did dealextreme take to get your product in your hands from way over there?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by SANDBAGGER View Post
                  AMEN to that.......... GOOD HUNTIN'

post some pics when U get back.
                  will do!

Comment

I made the mistake and placed several different orders for my products, instead of thinking ahead of time and ordering everything at once. It took about a week for the light to come in and almost 3 weeks for the batteries to come in. I still have not received the charger for the batteries but they came fully charged. I would highly recommend buying the rechargeable batteries because a pair of 123 batteries cost $10 at walmart. I bought two 18650 batteries ( one 18650 = 2 123 batteries) for $15 and the charger was $8. This combo will save you a lot of money in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                      I made the mistake and placed several different orders for my products, instead of thinking ahead of time and ordering everything at once. It took about a week for the light to come in and almost 3 weeks for the batteries to come in. I still have not received the charger for the batteries but they came fully charged. I would highly recommend buying the rechargeable batteries because a pair of 123 batteries cost $10 at walmart. I bought two 18650 batteries ( one 18650 = 2 123 batteries) for $15 and the charger was $8. This combo will save you a lot of money in the future.
                      Thx. I ordered a few things from dealextreme.com and added a 4 pack of rechargable 123's and a charger as well and some various mounts for different things (one for the shotgun as well). I could really spend a lot of money on that site if I wasn't currently unemployed.

Comment

ttt bump

Comment

Im gonna build me one of those....that is awesome

Comment

well aparently this light has a recall. none of the wallmarts in my are have this light

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                              I got my light in yesterday, but no batteries or pressure switch from the other sight. I went to walmart to get batteries and they were $10! I can't wait for my rechargeables to arrive. I tried out the light and compared it with the coleman and all I can say is WOW! The coleman is good and produces a nice circle on my target but the ultrafire gives off a brighter beam over a wider area. All I need to do now is find a good mount for the flashlight, probably for my stabilizer.
                              you can get a package of 12 for $25 of the surefire batteries

Comment

AWESOME, going to get to work on mine!

Comment

Working...
                                X