CD Jukebox refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Jukebox refurb

Back at it again with an early 90s Rowe/Ami Jukebox. This clean up/semi restore won’t be quite as invoiced at the pinball machine (I think?), but should still be a cool item for man cave when complete. Currently does not play, but powers up. Have some parts on the way and will keep y’all updated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got most of cabinet interior cleaned up this afternoon. Need to replace some fuses in the driver, but overall this thing is in great shape for 31 year old machine.

Comment

Bill changer would not move and felt locked up. Got it pulled out, and the machine is already paying me back!

Also. I’m on the hunt for some good rock titles for the jukebox. I’ve been shopping around and haven’t had a lot of luck locally finding good titles that are reasonably priced. The machine holds 100 CDs and I can’t swing buying 10-20 Rock CDs at 5-6 dollars a piece. Looking for AC/DC, Van Halen, Aerosmith, LED Zeppelin, Queen, Rolling Stones, Beatles, etc. So if any of you have a bunch sitting around, let me know!

Comment

That’s pretty dang cool-spent a lot of money in those at the pool halls

Comment

That is gonna be cool as he!! when you get it up and running.

Comment

The jukebox is Ram memory that is backed with a battery. This what saves settings when power is off, so you don’t have to set all your preferences every time you turn back on machine. The battery that was in it, was likely the original and tested .01 on meter. Should read over 3V. The original battery was also soldered to board. I removed battery, and installed actual socketed battery holder to make future replacements easier/quicker.

Comment

Following

Comment

Where does one find such an apparatus?

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
                  Where does one find such an apparatus?

I can’t really explain it haha. I recently did a thread on a pinball machine as well. I found both the Pinball and jukebox not only locally (from different sellers) but in my neighborhood less than half a mile from my house. Doesn’t usually happen like that, but I’ve been fortunate.

Comment

I replaced the 8A fuses tonight on the driver boards of the amplifier and they immediately blew upon powering up jukebox. So now it’s time to test some capacitors and transistors. I suspect the transistors are no longer regulating the current thus blowing fuses. The two brown boards are the driver boards

Comment

Awesome project.

Comment

Got all of the illumination working tonight and it’s just as nostalgic as I hoped.

Comment

Dang that looks pretty good !

Comment

That looks sharp!

Just make sure you don't invite Bubba over, might wind up with a couple bullet holes in that thing if
                            a sad song comes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                              That looks sharp!

Just make sure you don't invite Bubba over, might wind up with a couple bullet holes in that thing if
                              a sad song comes on.
                              Lmao… Looks good Bowtech.

Comment

Working...
                              X