batch of swords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

batch of swords

I'm working on a batch of swords. Got an order for 8, so I'm working on a few spares also.

Here's a short video showing the forge extension I made for heat treating. Added 24" of insulated pipe to the top of my forge.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Here's another short video showing the hardening process. Swords hang vertical in the forge, then go vertically into the quench. The weight of the steel is enough to make it bend/warp if you get it hot and hold it out horizontal.

I hardened 9 swords today. They all look about the same though, so I just shot video of this one. Enjoy!

Next comes alot more grinding. These were already forged from bar stock, then rough ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Very cool. What steel are you using?

Comment

Most of them are 1084, but two are 80CRV2 after I ran out.

Comment

Everybody needs a few spare swords!!

Comment

Christmas presents for a dis functional family. Equally armed - just encase...

Comment

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Just dont' drop one on your bare foot.

I do the same thing sometimes, weld or torch or plasma with flip-flops on.

Comment

You had me at "batch of swords!"

Comment

HMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

I want a sword, a big sword, a Viking sword. If I could make money faster and collect the majority of the guns I want. I would get started on a sword collection. I found web sites that sell all types of swords, I book marked them. I am afraid they are eventually going to get a good bit of my money.

We need more sword makers and we got plenty of knife makers around. Most of those guys like to make small dainty handled, small bladed knives, many of them make pretty knives, but most don't fit my hands. I don't get why they all think that knife handles are supposed to be very thin and small. I don't think most of those guys would how a sword handle should be made, we need guys who make big hefty manly knives and swords.

Get those things finished, we need to see those things finished.
                    Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 12-29-2022, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X