• Show
Clear All

And receiver hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Areas of attention/focus so far:

1.) One of the bed anchor/release tabs on the frame is broke and I've found one stress crack on the front of the frame, likely caused from the plow. Already have a plan in the works to fix and strengthen these areas, so will have a day in the welding shop in the next few weeks sometime.
        DONE

2.) RUST! I can't stand rust in any shape or form. The frame is in great shape but will address the few places that rust has developed and properly prep and re-paint them.
        DONE

3.) Going to replace a lot of the rusty bolts/screws and tabs for the body with new.
        DONE

4.) Replace the polymer winch rope with a cable. Going to go with rope and a new fairlead.

5.) Tires are newer, but 4 ply. Going to upgrade and add 2" spacers when the time comes.

6.) Strengthen and fab a custom front grill guard from using the current one as the bones to build from.
        DONE

7.) Replace some hardware on the bed for latch, tailgate cables, and tie-downs.

We shall see past that.....

Comment

New headlights installed:

Stainless square washers to hold the bed down have arrived:

Comment

Starting to come back together:

Also tracked down the broken wire and fixed it so I now have my “bright” handlebar headlight working.

Comment

Not only do you just jump right in, you work fast as well!

Normally when I think of a project, I think about what I'm going to do for so long I end up doing nothing! This has more to do with my attempt for a perfection solution before I take action. Obviously, there is never a perfect solution. : )

Comment

tuned in!
                nice rig!

Comment

Used the belt sander to custom fit some stainless washers to hold better under the front fenders. Replaced steel screws with stainless as well. Drop of blue lock tight on each to keep vibration from working them out.

Comment

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Comment

Very cool project. Can't wait to see this beast in action.

Comment

Right now just have the bed held into place with a couple standard bolts, but have some SS button head socket cap bolts arriving tomorrow and will get her bolted down tight then.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                          Not only do you just jump right in, you work fast as well!

Normally when I think of a project, I think about what I'm going to do for so long I end up doing nothing! This has more to do with my attempt for a perfection solution before I take action. Obviously, there is never a perfect solution. : )
                          🤣. Me, too!

Comment

where do you find the parts to do a restoration on an ATV/UTV i would like to redo the body on my gator

Comment

Originally posted by PROLINE19 View Post
                              where do you find the parts to do a restoration on an ATV/UTV i would like to redo the body on my gator
                              For Polaris, there is an exploded view of every part on this machine on their website. Each labeled with part number, and price if you want to buy direct (don't do that as prices are 4X as high as other places). This is also a great place to trouble shoot taking something apart and putting it back together.

I search ebay, Amazon, and the net for the part by part number and have picked some up used and some new. I've also called the parts counter at a Polaris service shop to get matching parts for things like screws and bolts so I can get them from TSC or Home Depot for pennies on the dollar of what the OEM part costs or swap them out with stainless where strength is not an issue.

Just how I've done it now with a few machines.

Not sure if the Gator has this option, but you should be able to find the schematic drawing somewhere online.

Comment

2010 Polaris Sportsman 800 Big Boss 6x6

Bed is in place and bolted down permanently. Stainless hardware all the way around. Will add the fender flares tomorrow. Calling it early for a Friday tired evening on the couch.

Last edited by TXBRASS; 10-21-2022, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X