Out of Charcoal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    You sure it isn’t B&B?? I remember somebody saying he was a member here.
    That is what I’ve buying when I can find it. Bought the last bag that the Franklin supermarket had and haven’t seen any since. That was a couple weeks ago.

It is B&B, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      It is B&B, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think it is Txoutdoorsman24

Comment

Gonna have to try this. Thanx, Sqiggy.

Comment

What are the advantages of using charcoal for cooking? I frequently grill over a wood fire at the house. Seems to always be a steady supply of limbs blown down in the yard.

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
              What are the advantages of using charcoal for cooking? I frequently grill over a wood fire at the house. Seems to always be a steady supply of limbs blown down in the yard.
              For me, it’s a flame vs coals.
              When I use just wood, I have to let it burn down to coals or I end up burning some of the meat cause I can’t control the flames.
              When I have just a bed of coals, I don’t really have to worry about flames unless I’m cooking burgers. Usually the grease coming off will cause a flame up. That, I can deal with.

Comment

For me, it’s a flame vs coals.

When I use just wood, I have to let it burn down to coals or I end up burning some of the meat cause I can’t control the flames.

When I have just a bed of coals, I don’t really have to worry about flames unless I’m cooking burgers. Usually the grease coming off will cause a flame up. That, I can deal with.
                That makes sense. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

how did it turn out?

Comment

Well, for my first time, didn’t turn out to bad. Got a little over a 5 gallon bucket.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	29992490-7544-4711-95CC-622966A63DA4.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	24687816

Some of the bigger pieces needed a little longer to burn. I’ll run them back thru on this next batch.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	EC1EC764-4C76-41C6-B2A8-23B2BB22B158.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	24687817

Not quite done!!

Comment

Neat, May need to try this

Comment

looks great!

Comment

Need to get my hands on some mesquite wood too!! This is my favorite wood to grill with.
                            I have a bunch that you can come get. Most will need to be cut from the tree - dead limbs and a full tree, so you can wait until it cools off some before you come over. I'm in Branchville.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              I have a bunch that you can come get. Most will need to be cut from the tree - dead limbs and a full tree, so you can wait until it cools off some before you come over. I'm in Branchville.
                              That’s great!!
                              I’ll get with ya later on it.
                              Thanks!!!

Comment

Did a tour at Jack Daniels and they make their own charcoal. If I remember correctly they used sugar maple that was soaked in their fresh, unaged distillate and lit on fire. I believe they only have to do it about once a month, and I was lucky enough (per the guide) that I got to witness the fire being put out. It would have been neat to see the fire at all, but even neater to see it extinguished with a big ol hose. The guy who did it at that time had been there for a while and could do it by "feel".

Comment

Working...
                                X