No announcement yet.

Skiff remodel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom coat is supposed to cure for 72 hours so did a little maintenance. He had a couple water flow issues where it was intermittently flowing.

Found a little Florida inside along with a fin off the impeller. Did learn this motor was actually built by yamaha in Japan and sold as mariner during the parts search

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Save that Florida soil. With the price of real property inflation, that will be worth some big dollars some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Bottom coat is supposed to cure for 72 hours so did a little maintenance. He had a couple water flow issues where it was intermittently flowing.

Found a little Florida inside along with a fin off the impeller. Did learn this motor was actually built by yamaha in Japan and sold as mariner during the parts search

That’s definitely a good thing! Yamaha parts are much easier to come by plus it’s just a proven bulletproof platform.

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
          That’s definitely a good thing! Yamaha parts are much easier to come by plus it’s just a proven bulletproof platform.

Micheal
          Funny you say that. Ordered a merc/mariner water pump kit from an "expert" and it didn't pump. Pulled and put back in 3 or 4 times.

Bought a yamaha impeller off Amazon and it's pumping like crazy. Skipped right to yamaha on t-stat

Comment

Paint and GatorGlide done and fitted to trailer. Decided to throw some knock off sea dek down. Son will be home at the end of the week. Going to wait for him to decal it. Might even splash it this weekend

Comment

Looking incredible - What's your review of the knockoff sea dek? Amazon I assume? Been eyeing it for a few spots on my Xpress

Comment

Great looking little rig!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    Looking incredible - What's your review of the knockoff sea dek? Amazon I assume? Been eyeing it for a few spots on my Xpress
                    yes, off amazon. This was the 'kxkzren' brand. The backing was pretty tacky, I did not apply anything prior to sticking cause I wasnt sure how it was going to hold up. I used a rolling pin to lay it so we'll see. Fortunately hes got a place on campus to store it thats covered so that should help.

I put seadek in my john boat to cut down on heat and its held up well in the 3 years I've had it. I shot 3M adhesive with that to bare metal and its hasnt peeled. This stuff seamed equally thick, lines were good and color was uniform. Being I only covered the seats it was less than 50 bucks for a 16x96'' roll and typical amazon shipping.

Comment

That baby gon b sweet!

Comment

That deck material contrast nicely with the rest of the boat. Sure looking sharp!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Thanks fellas.

Momma liked the brown with the rest also.

Comment

Don’t forget some finished product pics.

Comment

She hit the water today!! Did a little trial run close to the house. He said it planes quicker than before and thought I tuned the motor. Guessing the gator glide helped. It ran 21.9 with both of us in it and did get on step pretty quickly.

Relied in mom for quality photos and didn't get one. Should have asked for selfies. We'll work on that tommarow.

Comment

Working...
                                X