Hvac preparedness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hvac preparedness

Always smart to keep some spare parts around! I like to keep spare capacitors and flames sensor. My furnace started short cycling recently and glad it was a cheap fix that took five minutes. In a pinch you can clean and replace a dirty one but best to have a new spare...about $12. I replaced the thermostat first thinking it was faulty because the thermostat would go completely blank (no battery backup on the wifi model I had). Then the new thermostat did the exact same thing. So I probably should have checked the flame sensor first (oh well I replaced with a better digital thermostat anyway).

Boy I bet you get blasted for what you posted. But maybe not since I seem to kill any thread I post to

Comment

My HVAC is a 5 ton, R22 heat pump system. I keep an extra capacitor, a contact, and a tank of r22 on hand.

Just replaced the evaporator coil for $600. The old evaporator coil had a significant leak. I also have a replacement compressor ready if the current compressor dies. All together I’ve spent $1200 hopefully keep this unit going for another 5+ years. I know old R22 systems aren’t as efficient as R410a systems, but $1200 is a lot easier to swallow than 7-8k for a new system.
      Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 03-23-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X