Lighted Buckmark Sign (Plasma Cut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighted Buckmark Sign (Plasma Cut)

After watching a few youtube tutorials on backlight signs, I wanted to try my hand at building a hunting themed sign for our back patio. I went with the Browning Buckmark as it was a fairly easy design to freehand to follow the vinyl pattern.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3395.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	25276799
    After getting the logo transferred to vinyl, cut out of 16 gauge metal, I built several "L" shaped standoffs the width of the led power source to hide between the design and galvanized backing plate. Next I painted the underside silver and outside black to reflect the light better.

Name:	IMG_3393.JPG
Size:	387.9 KB
ID:	25276800

Name:	IMG_3398.jpg
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	25276801
    The led ribbon lighting which is super easy to use and install with adhesive tape. An included remote lets you select colors and flash modes. Self tapping screws through the backing into the "L" brackets hold everything together.

Name:	IMG_3399.JPG
Size:	371.4 KB
ID:	25276802
    I think its a nice addition to the patio!

Name:	IMG_3402.JPG
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	25276804
    Attached Files

Nice job!

Comment

That’s awesome

Comment

Where'd you get the ribbon lighting?

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
          Amazon for the lighting, I only used 60" so I have plenty left for the next project the ribbon is cuttable and can be soldered easy. I just need to order an additional power source.
          Nearly any wall plug adapter power source will work. I save the power source from items that have crapped out. Just check the voltage output but most are close to the same.

Comment

Thats pretty slick !!

Comment

Very Nice!!

How did make the corners up on the led ribbon? They just twisted over?

Comment

I know it would add to the cost alittle but they make difuser track that the LED strips lay in where you wouldn't see the individual LED's it whould just be a nice solid glow.

Comment

fabulous, sir!

Comment

Nice

Comment

What would you charge to make one of these with words and maybe an 8-ball?

Comment

Working...
                      X