Fred Bear push dagger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred Bear push dagger

I’ve got a major Fred Bear project coming, but in the meantime I put together this cute/dangerous little guy.

The handle is made from parts of a 1959 bear Alaskan “Halloween” bow. The little ferrule is a piece of a bear wood arrow, with the logo. And of course a vintage razor head.

I tend to not just post finished stuff, but this is archery related, fairly outside the box, and you guys are welcome to copy the basic design.

Super cool work! Very unique

Comment

That's a cool tribute to an archery legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        That's a cool tribute to an archery legend.

Wait till the actual project comes around

Broadhead damascus. Bow riser handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The guys on the fred bear FB pages collect all things Fred Bear. They would be fighting over those.

Comment

They are lol. I posted one of these on one of the Fred Bear FB pages, I think I could make quite a few and sell them no problem. The truth is though, there’s only one logo like that on each bow. I could make lots of them out of bow material, but not that many that were that colorful or had good text.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
              They are lol. I posted one of these on one of the Fred Bear FB pages, I think I could make quite a few and sell them no problem. The truth is though, there’s only one logo like that on each bow. I could make lots of them out of bow material, but not that many that were that colorful or had good text.

If you use and make enough of those from bows, that bow line could become more valuable.

Comment

The trick is to find people that give you their broken bows that aren’t good for anything LOL. I have enough respect for things not to cut up a shootable bow.

Comment

That is super cool. I’m excited to see the rest of the project

Comment

Y’all talked me into 6 more lol. Various parts of a ‘60 Kodiak and a ‘59 Alaskan. Maybe this one will go WIP after all.

Comment

Is that head a Zwicky Eskimo minus the bleeders?

Comment

Originally posted by Chompers View Post
                        Is that head a Zwicky Eskimo minus the bleeders?
                        Bear Razorhead minus the bleeders.

Comment

Bunch of handles laminated up and drilled. Had to use a 3/8 which is a smidge big, but I don’t have a 23/64 drill or mill. The arrows seem to be .350”.

Now comes another dirty part…. Grinding. That 60 year old fiberglass still releases the classic resin smell when you grind it, and little slivers make you itch.

Comment

Got them all polished to 400 and glued the arrows/heads in.

Also today is Fred Bear’s birthday.

Comment

Very cool !

Comment

Working...
                              X