Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I fabbed up a new gauge console

Comment

Nice job on the console! And boat camo too!

Comment

Did you originally build the hull, engine stand, and cage or was it assembled from parts?

Stainless cage, and rigging?

Its looking really good!!

Comment

man with that much wait time did you think about stretching the hull sweet build

Comment

Very nice! A set of Inconel exhaust valves will help keep the motor from eating a valve at night a long way from the boat ramp.......

Good luck!

Stu

Comment

Pretty awesome! My neighbor is gonna be jealous[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm liking the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  Did you originally build the hull, engine stand, and cage or was it assembled from parts?

Stainless cage, and rigging?

Its looking really good!!

It was a complete boat when I got it so rebuilding and modifying is all I have done.

Comment

Originally posted by Cottonfish View Post
                    Very nice! A set of Inconel exhaust valves will help keep the motor from eating a valve at night a long way from the boat ramp.......

Good luck!

Stu

True that! I was lucky I overheated it when I did because I had an exhaust valve ready to give up. The guy I chose as engine builder is well known for airboat builds and he swears my header size caused that. I threw fuel and pulled timing fighting header glow on the old build made he says my small tube headers were over scavenging and pulling raw fuel through the exhaust.

This time we will be dyno tuned not seat of the pants tuned [emoji6]

Comment

That engine's gonna be brutal in a 16' hull, especially with a 2.3:1 and a 4-blade. Work on getting your pitch set just right to keep blade tip speed at the prop manufacturer's recommendation and you can climb any bank you want! I ran around in a buddy's 16' Panther (looked a lot like your hull) with a 2-blade Stump Puller and SBC in the early 2000's, it was a HECK of a lot of fun. His later big block boats were 18-20' and much more powerful, truly 4 wheel drives of the lake.

Stu

Comment

Complete Airboat Rebuild

Finally got the call to come for the dyno work.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

586hp
                        618tq

Slightly off of HP goal but that’s more than made up for with the long flat torque curve. Over 600 ft/lbs all the way from 4000-5000 rps is gonna be fun!

Last edited by bboswell; 03-02-2022, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Nice job on that console box. That’s a nice big shop that you have. What do y’all do there besides your air boat?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

586hp
                            618tq

Slightly off of HP goal but that’s more than made up for with the long flat torque curve. Over 600 ft/lbs all the way from 4000-5000 rps is gonna be fun!

Thats awesone, gonna run really well. Now we need Trump back so fuel is affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

586hp
                              618tq

That's a really nice airboat curve. You have a lot of prop to spin. You might hit that 600hp after break in. You know how much timing in it now?
                              Last edited by GarGuy; 03-02-2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                That's a really nice airboat curve. You have a lot of prop to spin. You might hit that 600hp after break in. You know how much timing in it now?
                                locked out at 37* is its happy spot

Comment

Working...
                                X